Avatar universal

heel spur/shoe inserts?

I am recently having some pain from a heel spur. I already wear a Dr. Scholls gel inset for the entire foot but I wanted to buy a heel insert that is designed for treating heels spurs. My main question is, do you recommend using a full shoe insert plus a heel insert or are they not designed to be used together? My secondary question is, are there are shoe inserts or heel inserts that treat heels spurs that are most recommended? Thanks
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
I have no medical background but I had terrible heel pain and found those heel inserts stopped my pain in a few days. I wouldn't have thought you could use more than one at a time and I'd imagine that, if you tried, they'd overlap.
Helpful - 1
681547 tn?1227145974
you can only use one.  my favorite over the counter insert is "superfeet". they are sold at sporting good stores like sports authority, REI/EMS.
doing calf stretches help too.  if they continue to bother you, get a coritsone injection.
from my experience, heel cups don't do the job well.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Foot Care (Podiatry) Forum

Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.