Genetics Community
964 Members

whole genome sequencing

I am considering  having my genome fully sequenced. Does anyone know how much this would cost?
Thank you in advance.
There are many factors to consider the total cost of gene sequencing. Before, this costs as much as $10,000  but at present, biotech industry has been busy with  creating new machines for this purpose. And just recently, one Biotech firm claims to have invented a machine that can sequence a full human genome for $1,000.   Take care and regards.
Thank you!
So, did you end up doing it?
Not yet but I intend to.  I am concerned about privacy issues.
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research