HIV - Prevention Forum

Conclusion after test result

Hi DR HHH and EWH

This is my 2nd post within six month and totally aware for limit. And i'm planning to rule out that i'm HIV negative .
If you notice i have posted 2 times in international forum once here and even in freedom health  by Dr Sean both said that extremely no risk or very very low risk with my exposure. Protected oral and vaginal CSW INDONESIA with condom even for ejaculate inside and keep penis inside until loose erection still virtually no risk (Hope you don't change your mind)
And my testing result are (HIV) :
- 2 Weeks 3rd Gen Lab Base test by Abbott (Negative)
- 6 Weeks 4th Gen AB/AG Combo by Abbott Architect Lab Base (Non Reactive - value 0.11 ) < 1 is non reactive
- 9 Weeks 4th Gen AB/AG Combo by Abbott Architect Lab Base (Non Reactive - Value 0.74) < 1 is non reactive
STD Check @ 6 Week :Syphilis, GO, HSV1, HSV2 all clear. Than assumption on the exposure i'm clear from STD during Exposure that also lower my Risk as ONLY have ONE exposure outside monogamous partnership ??
Before I go confirming some question if you don't mind:
a. Am i correct if i assume HIV negative with all the test taken. Two difference gen, than rule out AB/AG at 6 week and 9 week. Eliminate if the machine incorrect, and eliminate HIV 2 because virtually Antibody 99.99 % will have for both HIV1 and HIV 2??
2. Also am i OK to go because the increase of value 0.76 is NOTHING as long as below cut off (<1). even if i get 0.99 still mean negative and can decrease to 0.11 depend on test condition.
3. Some bit irrelevant question how machine work, I assume even any lab technician will not give different value as it programmed to have exact process ?? e.g press button etc.
Lastly i am planning to MOVE ON. And say GREATLY THANKSSS to DR HHH, DR EWH, DR JOSE, DR SEAN. Wish to have you here.
Please planning have some trip to Jakarta i will offer you great friendship warm dinner (Private message me). This truly offer from deep heart
GBU
Welcome back to the Forum.  I'm sorry you are continuing to worry about this exposure.  There was virtually no risk of infection from the activities that you described in your original post and now your tests confirm that this is the case and that you did NOT get HIV from your exposure.  I will briefly answer your questions:

1. Am i correct if i assume HIV negative with all the test taken. Two difference gen, than rule out AB/AG at 6 week and 9 week. Eliminate if the machine incorrect, and eliminate HIV 2 because virtually Antibody 99.99 % will have for both HIV1 and HIV 2??
Your results are conclusive and prove that you do not have HIV1 or HIV-2.  You should not worry further and do not need more testing.

The fluctuation of values is meaningless and is not unusual.  there is no reason to worry- your test is negative and the fluctuation is not something to worry about.  

The machine is pre-programmed.  The fluctuations I mentioned occur despite this.

I'm glad you plan to move on. That is the right thing to do.  EWH
Dr EWH

Thanks Doc, just look up your comment thanks for that. Still come little anxiety and than i will go caused by the number.

In some other thread you said if result equivocal o ambiguity than repeated test must be conducted to confirm (may be caused by rare strain,etc) do you see that my number 0.76 is absolute negative or consider need confirmation? In the index said <1.00 is negative or non reactive.

How about in future there is test 0.99 as long as below cut of <1.00 is it still considered absolute?

Thanks you after this i will go

Regards
This result is well within the negative range and should not concern you.  Beieve this test result, as well as any further results which are in the negative range. EWH
Greaat Thanks Dr...

Have a wonderful weekend. I will move on from now on

Best Regards
Hi Doc

Find a quite good articles in case there is other anxiety people like me. This show that testing these day has been more advance sample using abbott Architect AB/AG Combo. The sensitivity is quite close to PCR & RNA. Also the presentation show how the diagnostic made with high sensitivity. In conclusion it show that 4th gen test virtually can detect on day 10 - 20 where 3rd gen test on day 30 - 40 (6 to 8 week).

http://www.google.co.id/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CGIQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theaidsinstitute.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fattachments%2FBrennan.pdf&ei=1YMnUIatN4nJrAf2_oDwCQ&usg=AFQjCNExp6_uDP7CAPXh79sNSevXjOM5Ig

Its on PDF hope this help for reference.

These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.