HIV Prevention Community

Going out of my mind. Need some answers

In december I had insertive anal intercourse with a guy who I had been with just 2 weeks ago. He had topped me with a condom the first time and I wanted to try to top him. When I entered him I heard a popping noise and told him "I think the condom broke". He assured me that it didn't so I went on. Five minutes later I suggested switching positions, when I pulled out I noticed that condom did indeed break. I thought nothing of it because before we had first gotten together he told me he had been tested in October, was clean and had only had oral sex with one guy since then (and I have the chat session where he said that saved).

Four days later I came down with what I thought was a tonsil stone. By the next day my throat was in terrible pain. I put up with this for about 5 days before finally going to see a doctor. The doctor looked at my throat, prescribed me some penicillin and motrin and sent me on my way. I did have some swollen glands in my neck but recall no fever, headache, muscle pain or rashes.

I had never even considered putting these two incidents together until the other day when planing on taking my annual HIV test and thinking about the timing of the whole sore throat incident has got me worried out of my mind. I keep trying not to think about it but its hard not to. My grandmother keeps noticing that I haven't been as talkative as usual and I'm afraid that if I tell her why she'll be worried out of her mind (probably more than me).

Is tonsillitis considered a part of seroconversion and ARS? And if so, is it possible to experience sero and ARS within 4 day of exposure?

COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi Mate,

1) You can't rely on symptoms, symptoms means nothing at all, testing does.

2) You had this exposure in December, get a test done, by now you'd get a conclusive result.

3) The symptoms that you've mentioned in the essay above can't be ARS cuz ARS can't show up so early, just after the 5th day following the exposure..Nope !

4) No tonsillitis is not a relevant symptom

Get tested, I wish you all the luck

Regards

Mike
Ok, thanks for answering my question. I'm getting tested wednesday and the wait is driving me insane. I've been having trouble sleeping because of it. Do you know of any way to take me mind off of this till its time to be tested?
One more question, I've been see the guy I was with online from time to time and I've got his e-mail address. Should I contact him and ask him straight up if he's HIV+ or not?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Good to hear that you're getting tested soon

I completely understand, this transition phase can create lots of anxiety and uneasyness, all I can tell you is you dont really know his HIV status, he could very well be HIV NEGATIVE and even he he's a pos still the odds are 1 in 200, so relax there's no need to panic,be with your friends, go out to watch a funny play /movie, keep your self busy in some kind of work, avoid being idle as they say empty mind's a devil's workshop.

It really depends on you, if I were to be you keeping in mind that I'm already at a phase where if I get tested I would get a conclusive result, I wouldn't have called him and ask for his HIV status because
a. He could have given me false information
b. On what grounds could I've trusted him
c.  My blood -> my test -> my result -> concrete data -> complete peace of mind

relax, get tested!
You'd be in my thoughts and prayers :-)
Although Men having sex with men is considered higher risk, Chances are on your side that from one exposure you probably would not contract HIV from one exposure even if he is positive.  I wish you luck on your test. I was going crazy when i knew I had to wait 3 months for a conclusive answer, But I found going to the gym/exercising helped me take my mind off of it. The anxiety sometimes made me anti-social, so I would goto the Gym almost every day. Exercise helps with anxiety for sure. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice. I thought I had it rough worrying about this for the past week so having to wait 3 months must have been hell. I found a place online that does testing on mondays so I'm probably gonna go there. Wish me luck.
And mike, I did e-mail him but he hasn't responded back yet. I didn't say why I needed to talk to him though. And the reason I was gonna ask him was because if he said he was neg and been tested recently and my test comes back positive (God forbid) then I could probably get the police involved for knowingly spreading HIV.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, it is a smart move on your part.

Do ask him to show you his latest test result if he has one and also ask him when was his last sexual incidence, that'll give you a fair idea

Keep us posted on what he told you about his HIV status

Now the only thing you need to do is to get tested at the earliest

Good luck !
I believe you're right mike, before I went to bed (or tried to, still can get to sleep and I've been taking sleeping pills!) I looked around for what could possible cause a white or yellow tongue and found that its usually a sign of halitosis. So, sorry for freaking out there.

Also, know of any ways for trying to get to sleep? I'm afraid to take another pill (threw the box for them away so I can't tell if takin more than one in a 4-hour span is not to be advised)?
By the way, If not HIV itself after what I went throug for the last two weeks could have kills me anyway.  The more I read this forum in the beginning, I had all the symptyms-head ache, shoulder ache, skin crawing and sleep for 2 hours a night.  Either way if this continue, my body will be wo week and I would catch diseases easily.  
COMMUNITY LEADER
Boy, listen to me......AVOID SLEEPING PILLS, it's okay if you dont get sleep, but do not rely on sleeping pills it wont help you, infact sleeping pills are also responsible for sore throat, dry mouth and white tongue, i know you are not in the right state of mind but like i told you before, anxietic mind wont change any thing, get tested at the earliest to leave every thing behind, why dont you get tested tommorow....why do you have to wait till wed?  
COMMUNITY LEADER
What's your point here, are you trying to asses your risk?
If that's the case, let me tell you, you did not have any risk,PROTECTED SEX = NO RISK also hand job, blow job, kissing, touching genitals has NO RISK whatsoever, NO WAY- NO HOW, now relax all your condition is due to anxiety, you don't even need to test you are good to go.  
I am getting tested tomorrow. I had originally thought that the only place that did free testing was only doing it on wednesdays but I found a place that has testing all week. All I know is that the next 24 hours or so are gonna drag by.
Well, as of typing this, its 3:27 a.m. easter time . I just got back from work, where I have been going out of my mind all day. For the last few weeks I noticed this but only today did I start to really notice, I've been having a sometimes white, sometimes yellow coating on my tongue. It goes away if I scrape it off or eat something but always comes back a few hours later. I'm now starting to worry that this isn't a good sign. I know that oral thrush is usually a sign of early HIV  to AIDS infections but I have heard of some people with plain ol' HIV having it too. I also haven't had any of the other symptoms of it (white patches on throat and cheeks, raw skin areas (I think...)). Does this sound like something I should worry about.

Also, they guy that I e-mailed hasn't responded back yet. Will let you know what he says if he ever responds.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Ah...Now come on! HIV ARS can't show up so late it always has to occur within 2nd to 4th week preceding the exposure

Your symptoms.....Huh?  let me make a wild guess though I know it'll hit the bull's eye .... Man, it's nothing but an anxiety related symptom, 90% of the crowd here who are worried about their well being face this problem, dry mouth, white deposit on the tongue, oral ulcer, dry throat are all due to anxiety.

So,relax just dont get naive about things take it as it comes instead of always thinking what's gonna happen next

FYI: Ask them who had experienced HIV ARS, they'd tell you how intense it was, it's probably the worst sickness one can come across in his life time, it's unlike what we think it can easily take you to the ER

easy boy, get tested and leave it behind, best of luck      
I had protected sex with a prositute for  couple minutes.  I did'nt come so she offer me a masterbation.  She grabbed my thing and start doing it.  I told her to stop.  So I did it myself.  I did touch part of her genital with my hand plus of couse she put some vasaline on herself to begin with.  After I came I squizedit out with my thumb since I'm uncircimsize.  I came four days later and saw some flaking paper like under my skin.  I'm not sure if nanoxyl-9 or. latex that cause me that.  My wife also took some antibiotic four day before that.  I went to the doctor and he flash a light at my thing and prescribe nastatine creame without checking anything else.  I came home and went to the black market to buy some penicillin.  I took three in two days plus paranoid, stress, can't sleep for a week.  On the fourth weeks which is two days later I had a white tongue.  I read that it could be due to penicillin, fatigue, bowl movement which I have eveytime I think about it.  God I hope it is.  I will test for HIV in two more months.  Scare too! My wife knows about it and I did have sex with her the day after I went to the prositute.
I know that protected sex=no risk but like I said, the condom broke. If the condom hadn't broke I wouldn't be worried now would I?
Uh, sorry Pete, read the wrong post. Just ignore what I said.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Good......24 hours would just pass away..... Don't think out of the box, that's not required, don't read much on the internet, it would not help

keep me posted on ya result.

You'd be in my thoughts and prayers, brother:)
By the way,  tested for STD after three weeks and it come out negative but  not sure what STD the doctor was testing for.  So far there is no symptyms on my body.  Mike, that is the first time I had sex with another person besides my wife.  That is stupid of me.  Studpid enough to put myself through this situations.  It wil take me awhile to clear all this up.  I'm much better these couple days.  Sleep better and playing tennis again.  I hope everyone is safe. I'm still not she safe yet until all the tests is finalize.  Take care
COMMUNITY LEADER
Man, i think you didn't read my earlier post to you, he you didn't take some time to read it

you don't have to do any thing differently, your life's still the same as it was before the exposure cuz your incident was a  '0-RISK EXPOSURE'
COMMUNITY LEADER

Bit of an update, looks like I won't be getting the test done today. Due to my anxiety I didn't get one wink of sleep last night, which made my excuse for getting out of the house for the test a bit had to do (i still live at home and don't drive) without my grandma getting suspicious. I'm gonna have to get it done tomorrow.
As if that wasn't bad enough, I found what might be an enlarged lymph node on my left arm near the armpit. I know that nodes could be a sign of anything but this has just sent my anxiety into overdrive. Any suggestion as to how I can lower my anxiety for the next 30 hours so I can at least get some sleep tonight and get through work without being a quivering mess?