HIV Prevention Community

HIV POSITIVE

I am 23, I took a HIV test (mouth swab) and it came out with a faint positive. I want to seriously die, I dont know how i am going to cope with this. i feel so alone. I dont know who to talk to or what to do. I wont get the blood test back til a week and i just cant stop crying.
what was your exposure?
what do you mean
did you have unprotected vaginal / anal sex?  share iv drug works?

exposure??????
Unprotected sex. Sorry I am just so confused
i hope you are okay. look at magic johnson. 22 years of hiv he is still healthy. he said just be in good spirit and take your meds and exercise and you will be ok. I hope you are ok man. these swabs are not that accurate. the blood test will be accurate
it is possible that you had a false positive.  all positive test results need to be confirmed by a western blot.
I am trying to stay positive but it's like how can you. I dont know how I am going to tell my boyfriend, I feel like i have ruined his life... I am praying so hard its a flase positive but trying to prepare myself for the worst. I am scared.
go have another rapid test done...you don't "have to" wait a week.  if it's been 3 months post your last exposure...and it's negative...you can trust that result.
I asked them if they could just do another one and they said i have to wait til my results come in on tuesday
go somewhere else
If I have it I dont know what I am going to do, I dont think i can bare living with it or tell the people i love that i have it..
Hi hopeless i hope ur okay :( this must be really hard for you but hopefully it is just a false positive. If you dont mind me asking how long after ur exposure did you get tested?