Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.4k Members

HIV POSITIVE

I am 23, I took a HIV test (mouth swab) and it came out with a faint positive. I want to seriously die, I dont know how i am going to cope with this. i feel so alone. I dont know who to talk to or what to do. I wont get the blood test back til a week and i just cant stop crying.
22 Responses
186166 tn?1385262982
what was your exposure?
what do you mean
186166 tn?1385262982
did you have unprotected vaginal / anal sex?  share iv drug works?

exposure??????
Unprotected sex. Sorry I am just so confused
i hope you are okay. look at magic johnson. 22 years of hiv he is still healthy. he said just be in good spirit and take your meds and exercise and you will be ok. I hope you are ok man. these swabs are not that accurate. the blood test will be accurate
186166 tn?1385262982
it is possible that you had a false positive.  all positive test results need to be confirmed by a western blot.
I am trying to stay positive but it's like how can you. I dont know how I am going to tell my boyfriend, I feel like i have ruined his life... I am praying so hard its a flase positive but trying to prepare myself for the worst. I am scared.
186166 tn?1385262982
go have another rapid test done...you don't "have to" wait a week.  if it's been 3 months post your last exposure...and it's negative...you can trust that result.
I asked them if they could just do another one and they said i have to wait til my results come in on tuesday
186166 tn?1385262982
go somewhere else
If I have it I dont know what I am going to do, I dont think i can bare living with it or tell the people i love that i have it..
Hi hopeless i hope ur okay :( this must be really hard for you but hopefully it is just a false positive. If you dont mind me asking how long after ur exposure did you get tested?
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.