HIV Prevention Community

HIV antibody test accuracy

I need a medical professional to answer this for me...

I was on intravenous antibiotics for 32 days to treat a lung infection. I had an HIV antibody test done about one week after I came off the IV antibiotics which came back negative. Does the strong IV antibiotics affect the HIV antibody test results, since the HIV antibody test was soon after the IV antibiotic treatment?
Please let me know. Thanks.
Already answered in other post.
Thank you, but how sure are you that IV antibiotics dont affect the HIV antibody test? This is the last time I'll ask. Sorry
i'm no doctor but i believe antibiotics would only have an effect on the bacteria in your system. Not virus. their completely diffrent animals.