HIV Prevention Community

HIV from sharp object

I have a question about a mode of transmition of HIV. I posted in the OCD forum that I have a lot of fear of getting infected with HIV  from blood. They suggested I become education about the way HIV is transmitted. I believe I know the facts, however I am still confused about one thing.  I have search both thet and community forums about this and I get conflicted information.

Is getting pricked with a sharp object such as a needle, lancet or staple immediately after someone who is HIV positive was struck with the same item a way to transmit the virus, if infected blood was present on the item? Thank you for your time and help.
No,HIV becomes inactive & unable to infect as soon as it is exposed to the elements--no risk.
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child
Thank you both for responding. I was worried because I was at the mall the other day and I had a coupon attached to my receipt. The cashier used his finger to pry open the the staple that attached the coupon and when he handed the receipt back to me I got poked with the staple that was sticking out. I was worried that he might have poked himself right before me. When I read the expert forums it seemed like they believed that something like this could be risky. I am currently breastfeeding my daughter and I wouldn't want to expose her to anything.
No risk.
Why do so many sites state that a needlestick is a risk, if the virus is inactive outside of its host? Also what is considered a host? I am really trying to become informed about HIV transmittion to overcome my fear.