HIV Prevention Community

Testing window

I had a test at 5 1/2 weeks after my possible low risk exposure.  I took at 20 min. rapid test.  The person at the clinic told me the test are very sensitive, and would pick up anti bodies within 4-5 weeks at most.  It would be a very rare occurance for it to happen past 6 weeks.  She did tell me that the CDC still does say 13 weeks, so they stick by that in order to maintain consistancy, which makes complete sense.  Does this make sense?
Would the same apply for the OraSure HIV-1 Oral Fluid Specimen Device Test that takes 1 week for results? Seems like the only difference is that the OraQuick tests for HIV-2 antibodies as well but they're both looking for HIV-1 antibodies. I'd like to know if they're both sensitive or if one is better than the other.
Yes, it does make sense. Have a look at the following thread...

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HIVSupport/messages/1100.html

GM1987. I doubt there is much difference between the Orasure vs Oraquick but I don't know that for sure.