HIV Prevention Community

finger ***** glucose

Hello there, Now that I have read a few things, I remembered not long ago, I got a glucose prick with one of those finger pricks to measure the glucose in your blood. I was wondering how those things work, because the nurse stapled my finger for blood to come out...if that was used on someone prior with HIV, could that be a way of transimision?

Thank you
No it is not a way for transmission.
Thank you, it´s just that the word "needle" or "prick" concerns me, thats why I asked, since its always said that those are risky ways of transmission?
Ok, now I´m confused and freaking out... can an expert please say something regarding what Ih4II is saying...
You have no clue what you are talking about. No one has ever gotten HIV from sharing a razor and a glucose test meter is not a transmission route.

To start HIV is fragile and is deactived shortly after exposed to air and other elements. HIV is not transmitted from enviromental objects and there would not be enough residule blood and not a deep enough wound for transmission to happen.
thanks Vance,. So why, for my future and final knowledge, are needles considered risks after what you have just said? I dont understand, because the glucose is a small prick needle isn´t it?

huge difference.  a needle is hollow core and blood can be trapped inside and not exposed to air.