Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

finger ***** glucose

Hello there, Now that I have read a few things, I remembered not long ago, I got a glucose prick with one of those finger pricks to measure the glucose in your blood. I was wondering how those things work, because the nurse stapled my finger for blood to come out...if that was used on someone prior with HIV, could that be a way of transimision?

Thank you
18 Responses
No it is not a way for transmission.
Thank you, it´s just that the word "needle" or "prick" concerns me, thats why I asked, since its always said that those are risky ways of transmission?
Ok, now I´m confused and freaking out... can an expert please say something regarding what Ih4II is saying...
You have no clue what you are talking about. No one has ever gotten HIV from sharing a razor and a glucose test meter is not a transmission route.

To start HIV is fragile and is deactived shortly after exposed to air and other elements. HIV is not transmitted from enviromental objects and there would not be enough residule blood and not a deep enough wound for transmission to happen.
thanks Vance,. So why, for my future and final knowledge, are needles considered risks after what you have just said? I dont understand, because the glucose is a small prick needle isn´t it?

186166 tn?1385262982
huge difference.  a needle is hollow core and blood can be trapped inside and not exposed to air.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.