HIV Prevention Community

hiv test

hello
i had exposure arnd a year back
for which i got tested at 3,6 and 12 months.
Index values were .27,0.46,0.11  (non reactive)
my concern is that wat do these changing values indicate. do they mean that no. may increase in future towards one or i am safe as of now
thank you
Nothing. You don't have HIV.
thanx for ur assurance but may i know why these variations in index values despite being tested at same lab
Your results will never be the same. You can take the test in the same lab five times in one day and they will be different. It's because the tests pick up other contaminates  in your blood and scores it. All you have to ever concern yourself about is that you are below 1.0.....
thanx
i guess that 12 months should be conclusive then and i need to move on.
HI
I just want ti know that whether its possible for hiv positive person to become seronegative when the virus is dormant and then again positive at time of active disease?
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
* After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
* Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
* Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Sorry to ask again
but this is last one
can i be 100% sure that i am safe and there is no chance of delayed seroconversion.
plz reply.this is last time
ill take ur words
Thanx
Yes you can be sure.
thank u very much
sorry to ask again but in my recent test i had index value .53
increase from .11 to .53
is this significant?
by Teak , Jun 20, 2010 05:09AM
Thanx
But u could please explain why this variation is there when the same person blood sample is being tested?
Have there been similar queries in past?
Plz answer this is my last query
same question here after 20.5 weeks
Because the tests pick up other contaminates  in your blood and scores it. That was answered in the reply Alienshowed posted.