HIV Prevention Community

hiv transmission

I tried on a pair of glasses at the store with my friend who is hiv positive and has been sick.  Was this a bad mistake? Can you catch hiv if there was eye fluid on the lenses... My eyes started to itch later that day so I am getting concerned.  I read somewhere that you can catch from contact lenses. is the risk the same?
You did not have any risk. You did not make any mistake. You cannot have HIV. It does not happen this way.

HIV is transmitted through...
unprotected vaginal/anal intercourse
sharing iv drug works
mother to child
But my reason is. If hiv can get in through a mucus membrane as I have read.  Cant it gey out.  If we swaped fluid would this not be the same as if our eyeballs touched?
None of what you describe is even a remote risk for hiv infection. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies. Once hiv finds itself outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

These are only a theoretical risk. Hiv transmission just does NOT happen this way in the real world.