HIV Prevention Community

home bio hiv test urine

I took a home bio hiv urine test today

it came negative

is this test reliable ?

is this test relieable , please let me know
Only home access kits are reliable and approved by the FDA.
I thought that a negaive was reliable and conclusive , but a positive had to be confirmed ?.
either way Illl get homeaccess now.
Hi Rainlover71 and Vi_Man

I thought a rapid test using blood is ok the one testing for antibodies? Is this not the case?
No that is not the case.
Hi teak,

Are you saying that it is not reliable
It's not reliable.
Home Access Kits are the only approved Hiv home testing kits,where you provide a sample and send it off to a lab for testing.
Regardless of what kind of test it is, it has to be approved of by the FDA for home testing. The FDA goes through all the studies and trials of the testing device to ensure that the product is reliable and to what specificity and sensitivity it is accurate. See the FDA website for a list of approved HIV tests.
Currently, the only over the counter FDA approved home use HIV tests are the OraQuick HIV home test and the Home Access Test. It's much cheaper to just go to your local STD clinic for a free rapid HIV test. They know what they are doing, are using quality FDA approved tests, and can do the follow up confirmatory testing that your will need if the antibody test is reactive.
Do not pull up and post to old outdate threads. You push the most recent posts off the page.