Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.5k Members

oraquick at home test

How reliable is oraquick at home oral HIV test? I have looked online and everything I have found is by manufacturer. I want to test myself and know my status and move on from there. The fear of not knowing sucks. Worrying won't change results. Can I use this test and know that the results it gives it is valid.
4 Responses
Why would you want to test again when you have a conclusive test result?
I guess that's it. Just not sure how conclusive an at home test is? Mind keeps wondering. Just would like to settle this in my mind. My skin is doing really odd things(rash), and thrush. Would like to get at it early if needed. All reports say early detection and treatment works best for prolonging life.
That is the point, you don't need to retest.
So at home test is good? Well thanks teak. Guess i keep bugging doc about my symptoms
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.