Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.1k Members

worry that the nurse used needle that was used for patient before me

i would be so gratefull if nurse girl could answer my question i went for a hiv test and thankfull it came back negative, just recently ive been so worried that the nurse may have used a needle that may had been left on the side as i didnt see her open a new one ,maybe she just forgot ,shud i be concerned ? the needle used was a separate needle that u put a sheath on and then push the tube into the sheath a vacuum tube i think to withdraw the blood thanx so much for taking time to read
6 Responses
186166 tn?1385262982
i dont think nursegirl has posted on this forum in months !

it is very irrational to think that the nurse resused a needle.
thank u for responding so quick i realise u send out a lot of comforting words of knowlegde, i do keep trying to tell myself that its irrational i really do
if for some terrible reason it was used what are the chances of catching hiv in this way i went in the room about 5 mins after the other patient
186166 tn?1385262982
IT WASNT ! ! ! ! !
1469227 tn?1293114480
Hi,

I also went to a test four months ago. And the same situation happen to my. I got into the room where the nurse was taking blood and the needle was in the desk (not in the box with other new needles), the needle was of the same kind you describe (uses a vacuum tube). I had been very worried that the needle was used (irrational). My last test, three months after that event, was negative (and I have had several symptoms). This seems to be a common situation related to HIV anxiety. Hope that my story helps you to feel that you are not the only one with these fears. But think that it is irrational.
thanks for your response it does help to think that your not the only one,i have had a fear of hiv for quite some time now its awfull my mind is always full of whatifs hope i can get over this
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.