Heart Disease Community

Question about meds and headache

42, WM, 45 pounds overweight.  
GERD/Barrett's Esphogus, Thyroid Nodule (Hypo and awaiting appt. with endo))/HBP

I have a couple questions.  I have a history of HBP after taking Celebrex for about a year about 7 years ago.  I was on Lotensin and it controlled my bp wel probably 130/80.  Then after about 2 years my BP went up to about 150/90 even though the doctor raised the dosage of Lotensin a few times.  I was put on Norvasc which lowered my BP but had me feeling TERRIBLE.  I tried another BP med which had me at 120/76 for 3 months....then back up.  I just went to the doctor who then sent me to the ER because for about  6 days I had a SEVERE headache on both sides of my temporal region then the right side left, I seen the doctor and he was not sure but had me sent to the ER.  My bp was 137/91 while being transported to the ER the only thing that happened was being given Oxygen....this almost totally cleared up my headache from about a 9/10 to a 2 scale.  At the er my BP was 175/100 for some reason but they were taking while I was before moved around from my stretcher to  a bed.  I was given Terrodol? and phenigen? but that did nothing.......they took a CT and it showed nothing wrong.....my headache on the left side came back and they gave me the serious stuff and about knocked me out.....headache reduced.....the er doctor said something did come back on one of the blood tests but they were going to rerun it and call......well a week later nothing so we need to have my PCM get it......my headache seems pretty much gone except when I lay down, loud sounds and things like that..........my doctor did put in a consult for a neuro and to have a MRI of brain.

Does any of this make sense?

I have never been diag with headaches but have sinsus issues and what I thought were migraines.
You could see my vein on the left side above my eye towards my hair line pulsating, does this symbolize anything?

Also I am now on blood pressure meds Diovan 160 mg 2x Daily, Adalat 90 mg, hctz 25 mg and low dose asprin......is this needed, not needed and will these be something I always have to take even if I lower my BP?

Anything I can do to lower bp outside of lose weight.

Thanks for your time and assistance,

I guess I should have said also the ER Doctor did not know what was going on.....he did say somthing in the blood test was abnormal.....but he summed it up as "possible" cluster and migraine headaches......

Can my body build a resistance towards these medicines?  Maybe that is why they stop working?

Thanks again.
Anyone?
"45 pounds overweight”. in my opinion the answer is in that fact.

Take it like that:

Today is a first day of the rest of your life!!! Start walking, exercising, look in to your  diet. You might need a professional help with that, or time and even TIME:) ...and read read a lot about food and its effect on your body. Don’t starve, you don’t need to and you cant it is harmful. Get a plan and stick with it, I hope you don't drink or eat low fat products, also be sure never drink any diet drink .Stop drinking coffee if you still do. With the pounds going to go down, so will your blood pressure.
You have headache because your high blood pressure. I've been there. I needed to lose only about 15 pounds. With the right weight and bp medication I am OK, you will be too.

I know it is not easy, but no other way ! Best luck to you!
Yes, I understand that.  Being in the Military for 20 years I work out everyday..... My thyroid was diag as being hypo but I have not yet seen the Endo.

I appreciate your opnion but I was wondering if our body's become immune to certain medicine.  
might not be related to anything more than vision.  I was told (and I may just be gullible) that the eye changes in your 40s.  I know that I had some terrific headaches until I got glasses.  Then again, maybe it is your bloodpressure meds.  Maybe your dosage needs adjusting.  If you were given your dosage at a trimmer body shape the 45 pounds could make a slight difference in dosage amounts. (I wish I could boldface the word COULD)  By the way, when I asked my daughter's doctor if she could discontinue BP meds, he said NO.  That the meds were why the BP was down and without them it would rise.