Despite the large number of PVCs/PACs that I had during the last 20 years, this is my first Holter ever. I've had stress tests, 2 x echo, lots of EKGs but never a Holter. So I would expect that this thing catches lots of ectopics..
But incredibly, I had a very busy but also very "calm" day when I used the monitor, even if the day before and the day after were bad in terms of ectopics. I even tried to exercise a little more, but didn't feel anything very weird that day.
So these are the results: (I did my best to translate to English):
- Only sinus rhythm during all the record,
- Max HR 166bpm, min HR 53bpm (during sleep), average 81bpm
- Minimum HR during the day 60bpm
- Tachycardia in 14% of the record, no significant bradycardia
- 3 isolated supra-ventricular premature complexes
- 5 isolated ventricular premature complexes, monomorphic
- No pauses bigger than 2 seconds (R-R max 1,3 sec)
- No changes in AV conduction or intraventricular conduction
- No changes in ventricular repolarization
- Normal QT interval
Conclusion: Supraventricular and ventricular extrasystoles, rare
So basically they found nothing, right? I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad. If I used the Holter one day later, these numbers would be a lot different including a "run" of 10+ PVCs in 1-2 minutes