Heart Rhythm Community

Medications

I could really use your help.  I am trying to compile a list of common heart medications for one of the Health Pages. So many times someone asks for suggestions, about side effects, etc.  It would be great to have a place closeby where we could provide a hyperlink to more information on medications common for heart patients.  Will you please help me by letting me know what medication(s) you are currently taking, or what medication(s) you would like to know more about?  For example, I am taking lisinopril for BP control and Inderal for PVCs.  I would like to know more about cholesterol medications like lipitor, crestor and vytorin.

THANKS!!!
Connie
I am on Atenolol...and a healthy dose...50 mg in the morning..and 50 mg at night. I have read posts here where people really have trouble with it, but I just love it. It keeps my heartrate down---and (most...well...some..) of the time it helps with the palpitations. I had some dizziness when I first started taking it, but thats it. Not one other side effect.
I was also on Lipitor a year ago...It really worked, and I had zero side effects from that.
Hope this helps!
I take Sotalol for afib and tach-no real side effects. It does work well-it is a beta blocker/anti-arrthyhmic. I used to take Coreg for heart failure-no side effects until they upped my dose, then hypotensive and dizzy alot.I was on digoxin to slow my rate, which it did too well.I used to take Profafenone for arrthymhias-no side effects for me. I take red yeast rice and fish oil for cholesterol (both with my cardiologists blessing). I take monopril at night for my cardiomyopathy-been on it for 12 years-no side effects. Thanks for doing this!
I take metoprolol for PVC's and SVT.  The major side effects I've experienced are TIREDNESS and, because I already have low BP and vasovagal syndrome, it has made me more prone to passing out then I have been for years.  The metoprolol knocks you on your butt when you first start taking it.  It also caused me to have really weird dreams when I did sleep.  My heart rate went from an average of 65 bpm to 55 bpm with 12.5mg/day.

I take prozac for the anxiety that was caused by PVC's and SVT.  It causes me to have very vivid dreams and when taken along with metoprolol the dreams are so vivid that sometimes it makes you wonder if you actually experienced something or if it was a dream that you are remembering.

I take omeprozole for reflux due to a hiatal hernia and it can cause dizziness, but doesn't for me.

That's about it...don't know if you care about any of those but there it is.

Have a good day
I am on the Metropolol 12.5 2x's per day as the 25mg was dropping my bp down way low! I am also taking potassium. I don't know the info on it... it says on the pill Klor-Con 10.

Question for you though... your ablation was for all those pvc you had right? Why do you still take the Metropolol? Do you still get the PVCs?
Sorry about that, I should have been more clear.  I only take the Inderal when I'm under stress and I think the PVCs might kick in from the stress.  I don't even know the last time I took it, mayb 6-12 monhts ago when I was on a airplane, or maybe the night before we moved, not sure.  I rarely use it, but I have it (kind of like insurance).  When I was having lots of PVCs, I took flecainide, then rhythmol and with each of those I supplemented with Inderal for breakthroughs.  Since the ablations, 4 1/2 years ago, I've proably only taken it 10-15 times.

Thanks for all the contributions....Keep 'em coming.  Even if someone wants to just list any heart meds they know of, I'll be sure they are included in the links.