Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members

Metoprolol, Xanax for PVC's and Severe Anxiety

Hello everyone.  I am back with what I hope is simple question.  A couple of weeks ago my doctor put me on  Metoprolol for my PVC'S, elevated blood pressure because of fast heart rate.  He also renewed my prescription for Xanax because I have severe anxiety.  Has anyone taken these medications together and had any adverse reaction?  I don't like to take pills at all but I am at the point I have to take something for this anxiety because I am barely functioning!  I have health anxiety and the PVC's don't help.  When I take the Metoprolol it does slow my heart rate so I am afraid if I take the Xanax it's going to slow it even more (heart rate is between 63-75 with med).  Please answer as soon as you are able-THANKS.
2 Responses
Hey, I've got the same problem. Anxiety is terrible and been getting pvc's daily, is metoprolol a beta blocker? I took them for a couple of month but my pvc's didn't stop. My heart rate came down but I was worried that it came down to much. I started to feel about funky from them.. what you should try it's loads of fruit and vegetables. Bananas are good for a lot of things and one of them is a healthy heart. Also heard magnesium is a good option if you don't have kidney disease. You can buy it over the counter.
I have the exact same thing  the combination  together is fine  I do it all the time   it's the only thing to calm me down and bring my heart rate under 100 bpm
My anxiety is health related as well  so I feel your pain
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511089042
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.