Hepatitis B Community

Adult Acquired HBV Query

Hi all,

Are there any members who acquired chronic HBV as an adult?

Does this mean you get acute first and then never clear it or is it different to acute from the outset with slower onset and less obvious markers?

I would also like to know if ALT remained normal throughout the first few years post exposure or if it behaved the way it appears to in acute HBV initially (ie >2xUpper Limit of Normal and then settling but not clearing over time?
it is so rare not to clear as an adult that there are not even enough subjects for a study.even percentages are supposed, hbv is chronic only at birth or very very young babies before there is an immune system
At what age does immune system start to develop and fight hbv out of curiosity? In children
Yes i m one of those unlucky rare persons. At age 24 i discovered it and found my hbcigm to be weekly positive. Hbv DNA 18000. After 1 month dna was 2500iu.
How soon after your exposure did your markers appear?

Was your ALT high initially?
you can say you did not get it as a baby only if hbsag was negative at birth and very young, otherwise you got it as we all did and we all found out by chance testing as adults
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.