Hepatitis B Community

Daily allowance of Selenium ?

Hey guys,
Hope everyone is doing well and having a good day.

I have been to some variation of a plant base diet for the past year and I generally eat a handful portion of nuts every day, including brazil nuts that are very high in selenium (exactly  2 brazil nuts per day). My assumptions has always been up to 400 micrograms of selenium per day based on some research a I did back in the day. In addition, most of the selenium supplements starts at 200 micrograms per tablet.

So I figured that 2 brazil nuts (68 to 91 micrograms of selenium each) plus some other nuts should keep me in the safe range of daily intake of selenium.

However, I wanted to calculate the exact amount of selenium I consume a day and I started to do some research about it and I have found very confusing data.
Apparently, the recommended daily allowance for adults are 55 grams a day, which is less than one brazil nut and way lower than selenium supplements.
https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/supplement-guide-selenium#1

Im a bit confused at the moment if Im consuming too much selenium and if this could end up being damaged to my overall heath.

I would really appreciate if you guys have some inputs to give me and how much selenium should be fine to take on a daily basis.

About me: HBV PCR undetectable, liver enzymas balanced, taking entecavir 0.5 for the past 2 years

Thanks guys and I really appreciate

200-400mcg, this is very important for cancer prevention
Thanks Steff. Much appreciated.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.