Hepatitis B Community

Hey Stef2011 Please answer a question for me

Hey Stef2011, So I have hbeag- hbv; while fibroscan, LFT etc are normal; hbsag is high ~ 50k iu/ml. What was the main thing that got your hbsag down?

Thanks for all your help to your readers.
every case is different on hbsag, too many variables with genotype etc but this said the main things that took my hbsag down are:
vitamin d3 (high dose under doctors monitoring protocol coimbra) during treatment with tenofovir

peginterferon plus tenofovir but hbsag got down only adding gcmaf and high dose vitamin d3, without these add on hbsag even went up despite peg and tdf

my genotype is D, hardest to respond to peg

now my hbsag is around 1300iu/ml, it went up from 699-900iu/ml when stopping both vit d3 high dose and gcmaf but it is stable around 1300iu/ml so i dont care about it too much and just keep my vitd25oh levels around 90-100ng/ml

my main goal was getting an hbsag less than 1000iu/ml to lower hcc risk and i think it will slowly get there year after year even with tdf monotherapy
Stef, thanks! It's genotype A, no mutations. So the bottom line is that Genotype A, High HbsAg (50,000 IU), low HBV DNA (1000 IU) and normal LFTs and fibroscan (6Kp). Currently tx naive, is it worthwhile to try peg-interferon? Second, is there anything I can do to reduce sides increase efficacy besides taking vit. D and antioxidants?
Thanks...Vidd3, 1000iu or 5000iu? And what is this gcmaf
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.