Is endoscopy test too painful?

My 2 nephew (8 Years) and niece (12 years) both are suffering from chronic hepatitis B by birth, Doctor has suggested some blood tests along with endoscopy, please let me know how painful is this test, can both small children bear this? I am very much fearing for this.  
Hello, I am sorry to hear that your niece and nephew are ill.  I had an endoscopy and was sedated, I never knew anything had happened.
My throat was a little dry but other than that I was fine.  I think it is really nice for you to check.
I hope all goes well, Dee
You should ask your doctor the reasons for ordering endoscopy for your nephew and niece. Endoscopy is not a simple procedure, there must be good justifications for it, such as Fibroscan score, biopsy results, palette count, prothrobin time etc.
They wont even know it happened.

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.