Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

ANYONE SVR ON 800MG OF RIBA?????????

Has anyone ever taken 800mg of Riba and been svr?  I am 140lbs and 5'10.  I am on week 33/48 and every post I have read people are all on 1000 to 1200mg of riba?  I hope that everything I have been through that the doctor did not screw up and only gave me 800 verses the 1000mg.  I have been having nightmares about this the last week.  I have also been having stomach problems alot. I just cannot wait til this is all over.  I am down to 3 to 4 days a week at work.  I have to work some to pay my bills and keep up the insurance.  Have a great day to everyone!   If it wasn't for this site I would have quit already.  You guys have been wonderful.  Sheila
27 Responses
I am a geno 1a. I am just really scared that I am going to relapse because of not enough riba.  I am on procrit because my hemoglobin dropped to a 9 from the riba.  Just like all the rest of you I can't wait til this is all over!!  Sheila
96938 tn?1189803458
While we're on this subject..I think of Susan400 everyday. On 1600, I don't know how you do it.  Good luck Susan.
riba dosin is weight-based and you only need enuff to kill the vrus! with lowered hgb sounds like 800 maybe the rite dose for you. Did you clear vrus? what week? more riba is not necessarily bettr-fine tuned dosage kills vrus& lets you keep treating...GOODLUCK
96938 tn?1189803458
While we're on this subject..I think of Susan400 everyday. On 1600, I don't know how you do it.  Good luck Susan.
What were the reults of your 12 and 24 week pcr.   Peace
I am on 1200 RIBA per day with 1400 every other day...I weigh 175 and counts still stable....
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.