Hepatitis C Community

American Association For The Study of Liver Disease

<A HREF="http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/495211/">ARTICLE</A>
Many subjects are addressed including 1)duration of treatment 2)marijuana and liver disease 3)persistance of virus after treatment. It's at www.medscape.com so you must be registered to view. Registration is free and well worth the time. Mike
Thanks Mike. Can always count on you to give info.
Interesting b/nothing new.  And that same old marijuanna study of 200 people w/no control factors-such as overall health, means of transmission of the virus, current living conditions and economic stability.  apples to oranges.  how many drank, how much, what other drugs-iv's?-ciggaretts?  most non'pot users smoke way more tabacco products.

I think poor eating habits and poorer stress management tools and people are too damn fat are all things that are more harmful than a natural AD.  And where are all the AD damage and addiction studies.  And did they sort out the fat diabetics who did and didn't take natural or artifical AD's?  

Marijuanna ia an AD and should be studied on an equal playing field w/other AD's and sleep aids.

Til then, don't be a muck raker!  Pot is a proven medical help for many. if you wnat to push Rx AD's, pls do b/don't just take any old flawed study that was constructed to prove a point as gosple.

I personally think that all those people on Rx's AD's are crazy to take such powerful, addictive, toxic drugs.
Are you calling me a "muck raker"? I just posted the site. Mike
I know you're just posting.  I'm annoyed @ all these 'statistics' that 'studies' throw out.  somewhere in my under grad studies I took a seies of classes on 'stats'-I was fascinated b/35yrs ago there wasn't much work in that field-statistian-b/my very favorite study was how to lie w/stats-how to interpret any info to prove a point.  Our execises was to take the same data and reach opposite conclusions.

Well. a whole lot of other people must have taken that same course b/c everyine's doin' it.

And apperently there was a future for a statistican.  They used stats to lie to me!!

B/the sad part is there really is no new news on the hep c front.  We all now that 3+million hep c victims in the usa is lowballin' @ best.

I recently read that there are 40 million hep c victims in China alone.  More people are dying in hep c in the usa than aids.

The powers that be should be concentrating on getting the word out to the sick and protecting the well.

I was horrified seeing all the 'field' transfusions the Iraqies were performing in Fallugia.  All I could think is what new form will blood bourn diseases take next!?!

I consider hep c to be a blood disease that attacks the whole body w/an emphasis on the liver-the body's filter for toxins.  The corrosive nature of the by products destroy the liver.

I know now not to even call it a liver disease.  It doesn't pass from liver to liver.  It passes from blood to blood.

If we could just seperate the blood disease from the stigma of being somehow 'dirty', maybe then we would see some real research.

Like AIDS was considered a 'life style' disease and so much time was wasted on 'life style' issues instead of the AIDS virus.  Now AIDS is a pandemic disease that is mostly sexually transmitted in Africa.

As long as hep c is considered a junkie disease, the sufferers will not see an effort to rid out country of it.  the moral majority controlls the purse strings and they think that AIDS and hep c are god's punishment.
The fact that hepatitis c is primarily a blood born disease doesn't change the basic fact that it is a liver disease. Blood is merely the most frequent mode of transmission. I assume almost any serious disease has  implications beyond the primary organ affected. Heart disease is not transmitted heart to heart but I don't have any trouble labeling it heart disease. Hepatitis is by definition a liver disease. But what that has to do with the study cited escapes me. I personally don't have an opinion about the impact, if any, that marijuana has on fibrosis. I agree that the study was limited and the article certainly doesn't go into detail but I can't defend or argue the conclusion that frequent marijuana use increases fibrosis progression because I have no idea whether or not it does. I definitely didn't intend on sponsoring the article - I just found it interesting and since marijuana use has been discussed frequently I thought some people might be interested in reading it. Mike
My goodness it's been a long time. Well I'm glad to see you here and hope you have been well. How are things with you? Have your sx gone? How long post tx are you now? Did you ever get a post PCR? Maybe you posted this stuff but I never saw it. I've wondered how you are more than once. Anyway, glad to hear from you. LL