Hepatitis C Community

Cell to Cell transfer of hec-c

I am really surprised that know one responed to my earlier post.  This research paper explains more about why some people handle the virus and others don't and most important why viral load means nothen. With cell to cell transfer there is no way that TX is going to work.  I suggest you all read this. It explains why the virus moves so slow in most and can replicate so fast in others. As I always thought and the numbers bear me out,  you are more likely to die with the virus than because of it.  Sure its causing damage slowly but for the most part if you don't have cell to cell transference your bodies own imune system will keep it at bay.  There is a lot we still don't know about this virus and it bothers me some to see the fear factor so high that some jump into treatment with the chance of doing more harm than good.  
                                                                                                                                        Ron
i was one to jump into treatment, and VERY glad i had the option to do so... My biggest fear was  my children getting this from me, and therfor the #1 reason why i treated with no liver damage. And from what I understand the sooner one treats the better the odds are of clearing.. (The less damage one has the better chance at SVR?) Please correct me if I am wrong
You kinda miss my point.  This has to do more with cell to cell transmission and the fact that interferon won't work on this.  As far as not giving it to your children I would still be very carefull.  I am not a believer of that.  Ask your doctor if he would be willing to take a blood transfusion from you.  See if you can now donate blood.  

Ron
after a quick review of the article. i think the point it was making why it is hard for the adaptive immune systme to form effective antibodies. also one of the reasons it has been difficult for researchers to develop an effective vaccine. however the innate or cellular immune response is still fighting the virons considering this is operating effectively.
i am not sure how you concluded SOC will not work based on this article and cell to cell transfer?
best regards
It plainly states that antibodies can only attack outside the cell.  If the transference is between cells then bosting the imune system with TX will do nothen.

Ron
Viruses generally enter a cell, replicate themselves, and burst out of the cell with large numbers of copies to infect another cell in the same manner.

However, some viruses can move directly between cells. "Cell to cell transmission" allows them to bypass some of the body's most potent defence systems as antibodies can only attack outside the cell.

Scientists have so far believed that the Hepatitis C virus does not have the ability to move directly between cells, but this has been disproved by the latest study that involved liver tumour cells infected with the virus.

This is big news and at least for me answers questions I have had for a long time.

Ron
Do you have the link to the original full article?  I saw your post, and the copied portion of the article that you provided in the post, but no link.  I would like to review it, to see if any of the findings tie into the "HCV persistence after SVR" issues, or the possibility of non-blood transmission, from one cell system to another person's cell system (salivary, sexual, gastric, mucous membrane, etc).  If there is no antibody response to such an infection or transfer of the virus, then the researcher's findings might support some of my more 'radical' ideas about how the virus may operate.  I still strongly suspect a non-blood based, atypical form of transmission between close contacts, intimate partners, and possibly family members...based on a cellular transfer, and non-antibody provoking localized, or compartmentalized infection which is initiated, and maintained by the inewly infected person, but not converted into a full blown HCV blood/liver infection.

If you have more info. on this article, and a link, I would enjoy reviewing it.

DoubleDose