Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Generic Ribavirin: Lower Pricing for HCV Patients?

http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hep_c/news/2004/041404a.html

Who knows might bring the cost down.
                                          Ron
19 Responses
Did you read that article?  Pretty much says the generics are no cheaper than the name brand because of the availability.  In fact, the Copeg by Roche comes in as the cheapest at $6.11 per pill -- whereas even the generics are $9.11 per pill (Rebotol is about $11 per pill).

So then, why is it, since I decided to continue with the Copeg instead of the generic, I am paying $45 per month for my copay  but would be paying $15 per month for my copay if I would accept the generic.  Something is wrong with this picture...
i just got switched to generic Riba by my insurance company. The monthly retail price on the script reads $389.69.
When I was getting the Copegus the retail price read $1387.69.
That's $2 shy of $1000 difference. Brand name was 9.25 pr pill. Generic is 2.59 pr pill. On the new paperwork it's just referred to as IC Ribavarin. Whopping difference huh?
Don
Wow that is a big difference, i had heard there was. Heck with that kind of saving you just might be able to get you a new collar. :)
Dude! If i had a thousand bucks I could pay somebody to wear the collar!
Heck if you had a thousand bucks you might be able to get Big chuck to wear it.
STRATOR:
Thanks for the well wishes on my dad.  Actually, POP is going to be just fine.  I am sure by now he has even gotten rid of that nasty sore throat.  Everything was benign for him YIPEEEE. I too, was quite stunned that MS treatment has the same shot.  I even told my girlfriend, thats the shot I take with combination Riba. Things happen in mysterious ways; and help comes from all directions.  You and a Cop, huh:)

BEAMISHBOY:
  You have great Charma.  No sooner than I read your post regarding the hubby keeping his tools sharpened; he came in and told me he starts a new show on Monday, with tool rental.  He has been off work for two and a half weeks now. Let me clarify that I am not complaining about him being off work.  The man deserves every minute of every day he is off work; he works long hard hours and is well deserving.  Even if the budget does get tight sometimes, he is still deserving of the time off.  So, once again, THANK YOU FOR THAT GREAT CHARMA.(spelling?.
Another question beamish, have you ever been to the Christmas lighting in Lafayette at the Acadian Village.  My pop is the head volunteer electrician for the lighting.  He has done this since retirement for the Alleman Center there.

cajun

Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.