Hepatitis C Community

Generic Ribavirin: Lower Pricing for HCV Patients?

http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hep_c/news/2004/041404a.html

Who knows might bring the cost down.
                                          Ron
Did you read that article?  Pretty much says the generics are no cheaper than the name brand because of the availability.  In fact, the Copeg by Roche comes in as the cheapest at $6.11 per pill -- whereas even the generics are $9.11 per pill (Rebotol is about $11 per pill).

So then, why is it, since I decided to continue with the Copeg instead of the generic, I am paying $45 per month for my copay  but would be paying $15 per month for my copay if I would accept the generic.  Something is wrong with this picture...
i just got switched to generic Riba by my insurance company. The monthly retail price on the script reads $389.69.
When I was getting the Copegus the retail price read $1387.69.
That's $2 shy of $1000 difference. Brand name was 9.25 pr pill. Generic is 2.59 pr pill. On the new paperwork it's just referred to as IC Ribavarin. Whopping difference huh?
Don
Wow that is a big difference, i had heard there was. Heck with that kind of saving you just might be able to get you a new collar. :)
Dude! If i had a thousand bucks I could pay somebody to wear the collar!
Heck if you had a thousand bucks you might be able to get Big chuck to wear it.
STRATOR:
Thanks for the well wishes on my dad.  Actually, POP is going to be just fine.  I am sure by now he has even gotten rid of that nasty sore throat.  Everything was benign for him YIPEEEE. I too, was quite stunned that MS treatment has the same shot.  I even told my girlfriend, thats the shot I take with combination Riba. Things happen in mysterious ways; and help comes from all directions.  You and a Cop, huh:)

BEAMISHBOY:
  You have great Charma.  No sooner than I read your post regarding the hubby keeping his tools sharpened; he came in and told me he starts a new show on Monday, with tool rental.  He has been off work for two and a half weeks now. Let me clarify that I am not complaining about him being off work.  The man deserves every minute of every day he is off work; he works long hard hours and is well deserving.  Even if the budget does get tight sometimes, he is still deserving of the time off.  So, once again, THANK YOU FOR THAT GREAT CHARMA.(spelling?.
Another question beamish, have you ever been to the Christmas lighting in Lafayette at the Acadian Village.  My pop is the head volunteer electrician for the lighting.  He has done this since retirement for the Alleman Center there.

cajun