Hepatitis C Community

Hep C relapse

I have hep c with stage 3-4 chirrihs - I have relapsed almost immediately after 12 week Harvoni.  Are there any Harvoni relapse studies or is there an established protocol for Harvoni relapse.  Help, thanks
I am a 2 time relapser (1st sovaldi and olysio-then Harvoni) .You should get a resistance test which will give your doctor a better clue what will and will not work for you.
Ouch, sorry for your difficulties.  I can only think of one option for you, first of all you gotta get a resistance test done like GP said and of course tx again asap as you gotta tx while you are still able.  When you tx again, my guess would be you will likely use Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir, or Sof and Zepatier, maybe even Ribavirin will be added to give you an extra jolt against that nasty virus.  The Riba will help your immune system to start kicking some HepC ***.  Resistance testing, will guide your doctor on the best drugs to use, but I bet I'm not too far off the beaten path.  As far as I know, there is not an established protocol for Harvoni relapse and that's likely b/c there are too many variables involved.  With that said, if you Google (Harvoni relapse) without the parens, you will find some good links with information.  good luck!!