Hepatitis C Community

How far apart should I take my RIBA?

I know this question has been asked but I figured why not again. I finished my inc Feb. 7th. I have been taking my RIBA at random hours but always with food. I take 1000mg a day and was wondering how far apart I can take the meds. I always try to take it before 7 so I stand a chance of sleeping at night. I also know its not a time sensitive medication. Just thought I would ask.

Oh and I have been UND since wk 4,8,12. Just thought I would share that. :0)
You can take it in the am with breakfast, like it appears you have been doing, and then at dinner/supper. So, depending on when you eat, 7am and 5 pm or 6 pm.
When I was on boceprevir I took my Riba at 6am and 2pm and my doctor was fine with that.......... Hang in there
I heard that its okay to take it 3-4 hours apart is this true?
The main reason that might not be a good ideal is causing an upset stomach, plus causing one to be jittery. To much Riba at one time could cause stomach issues, I was advised to have at least a 6 hour time frame......
"I heard that its okay to take it 3-4 hours apart is this true?"

Ribavirin - Clinical Pharmacology

The terminal half-life of Ribavirin following administration of a single oral dose of Ribavirin is about 120 to 170 hours. The total apparent clearance following administration of a single oral dose of Ribavirin is about 26 L/h. There is extensive accumulation of Ribavirin after multiple dosing (twice daily) such that the Cmax at steady state was four-fold higher than that of a single dose.

http://www.drugs.com/pro/ribavirin.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes
hi first congratulations finishing teleprevir and second having three und thrilled for you. My hubby got 8wk out of 24 to do and he asnt set a particular time to take the riba  he just makes sure hes eaten first so it dosnt  upset his stomach hang in there not long to go and good luck