Intestinal Blockage

I forgot to mention that I have apparently developed some type of intestinal blockage and I'd love to tell you what type, but I don't have a copy of the report.  Now, the annoying thing about this is that THIS is the same intestinal prob that my hep doc's nurse prac was supposed to set up a colonoscopy for about seven or eight weeks ago.  I have some benign tumors of the liver that they scan every year, and when they scanned them this time, the liver tumors were fine, but the hep doc's nurse had told me there was something they wanted to check further in the intestines.

But then she never got back with me.  So I started calling her about it and she still never got back with me.  So when she didn't ever get anything set up despite my several calls I figured they'd changed their minds or that whatever they saw wasn't a big deal after all (I didn't know there was an actual block at the time, just that there was something they wanted to look at - since I had a colonoscopy two and a half years ago that was completely clean, I wasn't that concerned).

Now they've called and told me that I have a colonoscopy set up with max sedation for the 7th, and apparently I have some type of something, block or growth or cone or I don't know what growing into my intestine.  I don't even know what part of my intestine its growing into.  Tomorrow when I get my bloodwork straightened out I'll try to get a copy of the report.  

I have been having a lot of heartburn and stomach acid over the past few weeks, which is really unusual for me.  I attributed it to this tx, and I guess it couldn't have anything to do with the intestinal blockage that being so much further down?  Prob not...

It seems like I kind of was managing the different aspects of my tx decently, or at least semi-decently, and then when I had the seizure, I got really confused for the rest of the week and its taken a while to get back on track for me.  In the meantime, nobody else knows quite as well as I do what's going on with me or what needs to happen with me when.  My son was left to try to pull all of the pieces of my treatment together by himself when I couldn't, without all of the necessary information.  That was really unfair to him and I think probably a little scary.  Actually, for 19 he did a pretty incredible job.  But he wants everything written down better and posted centrally from now on, appts, med dosages (and also a list of which have to be taken and which are prn's for pain or discomfort) etc, in case he has to take over again.

He was able to find all of my physician's phone numbers in my cell phone after I had the seizure, and he said that was helpful since he knows who most of them are.  But he wants those numbers posted with the other information anyway, along with which doctor that is for me, hep doc, hematologist, etc.  It was so funny because I thought about how much he and I are alike.  I would want to know all of that same information too in order to feel comfortable helping to "care" for someone, or even to cohabitate with someone who had a chronic or serious illness.

I'm having to learn to delegate a lot more both at work and at home due to this tx.  It brings up all of these fears, mostly at work I think, of being left behind...

It seems that all NP's have the problem of not getting back to people.

The heartburn might be from the meds. It seems alot of people on forum had that, I remember Jim did for one.

Its good that your son was able to pull everything together and I can understand why he would want everything written down.

When you mentioned "tumors" on your liver,,,do you mean cysts? Alot of us have them so don't worry over those things - seems common. My doc had wanted me to get it scanned just one more time to see if the cysts changed. But now my bx report says "microgranulomas" but he didn't mention it while I was there - saw it when I got a copy of the report. He said my bx looked good no fat and all that, but no mention of this micro stuff. Seems some people with liver transplants and also people with fatty liver sometimes get them. I just don't know why he didn't mention it to me unless he sees this alot and doesn't really think it means that much. But he should know be by now and tell me before I read it myself. I'll ask when I see him.

Don't worry about the colonoscopy, you don't feel a thing. When I had mine they put me on the table, talked to me for a minute or so I guess - the rest I don't remember until the doc was standing over me and touching my arm. I thought he was testing me to see if I was knocked out enough to do the procedure, so as soon as he touched my arm, I woke up and blurted out,,OHHHH, NOooo NOT yet,,,,I AM STILL WIDE AWAKE!!!!  He started laughing and said "Myown, I'm all finished." I said, OMG I can't believe it, you're finished. I love you.  I was so happy cause I never had any procedure, operation or anything in my life and so this was a biggy for me - though its nothing.

So you won't feel anything believe me. Hopefully this isn't a blockage or anything.

Keep us posted.
Hope you feel better.
I could have sworn that you posted a month ago saying how you had all your special doctors lined up and you had this whole thing under control and yet you seem to be going for the award with the most problems while on treatment, I guess you need to get a new team?
What's your point? Some have it worse than others. Pray for Alagirl rather than give her an award...for having a difficult time.
Show a little kindness....it goes a long way, comparitively speaking.
I've never claimed to have everything "under control."  I wish that I did.  I do try to approach medical issues logically and to plan in advance when at all possible.  I think that's just using good sense.  Going into this, I knew I had some pre-existing medical issues, and I attempted, as best I could, to plan for those.

You can't ever plan for everything though, and most definitely, you can't plan for the issues you don't know about in advance.  Those types of things you have to adjust for, and seek treatment for as you go along.  I fail to see how replacing an entire tx team would be helpful in that regard.  Of course, that wasn't really serious advice on your part anyway, was it?  Just a little dig at me?  Like that award for "most problems on treatment?"

You win the award for schadenfreude.  

I come to these boards for both information and for support.  Also, I hope that there are times I may be able to provide support to others.  If you don't feel you can provide either of those two things to me, then nobody's asking you to click on any of the posts submitted by me, or to respond to anything I say.
They've always called them tumors in the past?   But at any rate, there are three of them and they are 99.9% certain that its a condition called focal nodular hyperplasia, which is a completely benign tumor system condition.  They just like to measure them once a year to make certain they aren't growing.  (Because that would mean, I think, that someone had misdiagnosed me lol)

Unfortunately on the colonoscopy I don't handle them well.  During the last one, under which they had me fairly knocked out, I woke up no less than twenty times and physically tried to get up off of the table because I was in so much pain from the instruments being inside me and they had to hold me down so the instruments wouldn't peforate my bowel.  They maxed out the pain medication they could give me safely without giving me respiratory issues.  It was not a fun experience for anyone involved.

When they finished I basically said I would never have one done without being knocked out again.  They did an endoscopy the same day and I had no problem at all with that, but the colonoscopy - my pain threshhold is not high enough.  (I'm a weenie)
What is this place for, if not to be able to give/get support and info? Often, I believe I write stuff just to put it out there and not have it festering in me. Journaling is one route the forum another. It's an extra blessing if one can give comfort or encourage one when they are suffering....
These past few months have been the most difficult of my life  and believe me when I say, that's saying alot. Thankfully there have been a few, (chosen by God...I believe) here on this board that I can share this journey with. They have shown me such compassion and love...it amazes me. Tonight, I am going to write down my prayer list...and trust me, you are on it.
Sincerely,
Yvonne
My point simply was what I said, ""I guess you need to get a new team?""  So why you went off on being rude and how the internet forums (with people chosen by God) is your life’s calling is beyond me, but now that we are here, maybe the only people who are chosen by God on these forums (in your eyes) are people who say what you expect to hear? Maybe you should get dressed and go down to your local church; there you will find real people to “”give/get support from,”” you are taking these post way to serious, for the most part everyone on here is a stranger!! You know there are a lot of people who post on forums cause they can't really face the real world, maybe God made me post so I could tell you this!! I'll pray for you!!
"Schadenfreude" , that's a good one :) You mentioned in another post that you don't have a southern accent. Are you from Germany by any chance, because all the women I've known from your state do have an accent.

Never had a colonoscophy done, but my only recommendation is to go to one that has a long (not an intentional pun) track record. With the good ones, you will feel absolutely nothing, with a nice little snooze for a bonus. My guy had one of those TV sets you could watch -- the colonoscophy that is -- really fascinating (at least when on those drugs) but couldn't quite stay conscious past the first turn or two.

MO: "I can't believe it, you're finished. I love you."

While my two colonoscophies were painless, can't say I ever had that positve an experience during one. But even if I did, doubt I'd express it quite like that to my male doctor.

-- Jim

While my two colonoscophies were painless, can't say I ever had that positve an experience during one. But even if I did, doubt I'd express it quite like that to my male doctor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tell my husband to put his coat on and come home. Dinner is ready.
Sure, if that will leave more time for you and your gastro. Does he bring the whole contraption over, nurse and all?
LadyWhy - Thank you.

MO - It may very well be the meds then because it didn't start until after I began tx now that I think of it.  Also, I was going to tell you this funny story.  About the same time I did my last colonoscopy, they had the brilliant idea of giving me a barium enema (sp?) also.

Well.  I don't exactly... remember how that machine err... latches on to your hindmost regions before it uhhh fills you up so to speak?  But that will prove important in a moment.

Let me set this up.  I had a very sweet asian doctor who although kind, was not a native English speaker.  I could understand oh, about a small portion of every tenth sentence he said.  So anyway, he had the techs prep me and put me on the little table thing and attach that balloon thing so that purportedly the enema thing would stay.

Then he comes in and announces in broken English that he is going to do the "fast" procedure.  I yell, "No, no, slow, slowly!"  But he isn't paying any attention and just flips the switch on.  I am terrified.  It feels like barium is shooting up there WAY too fast.  I begin to feel intense pain in very short order.  I panic.   I yank everything I can think of yanking trying to make it stop.  The balloon somehow comes free.  Barium goes flying, hitting the techs, the nurse and the little doctor.  We didn't repeat the test.
Jm: "Never had a coloscophy done"
--------------
Have no idea why I wrote that, as I've had two colonoscophys. Maybe my head cold virus has entered the brain.
Jm: "Never had a coloscophy done"
--------------
Maybe you should get dressed and go down to your local church; there you will find real people to “”give/get support from,”” you are taking these post way to serious, for the most part everyone on here is a stranger!!
------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, these boards are here for an express purpose.  To share information about particular disorders and medical issues and as support for people with these disorders and as support for their caretakers and loved ones.  

The people behind these screennames are very real people with real medical concerns.  Some of them couldn't physically "get down to their local church" even if they wanted to do so due to their physical condition.

These boards are not a place for people to play childish games, or to come heckle others.  What I can't figure out is why you would spend your time here.  You'd think someone who wasn't sick and tx'ing HCV right now or helping others do the same, would be out living their life.
Jimmmmmmie, the gastro and I broke up ever since he found out I have hep c. He believes that it is easily transmited so he doesn't crave me anymore. We just talk. I can understand him not wanting me though cause you know how I feel about transmission and all that, so I'm not hurt at all.
Tell my husband to stop for milk on the way home.Thanks
I actually wasn't raised here.  Born here and moved away as a toddler.  Have lived in San Diego, Telluride, then Austin.  Just back here about seven years ago.
I haven't heard "barium enema" since my mother had to get one years ago. They don't sound like fun. I guess you don't plan on having another. LOL And I don't blame you either.
Thankfully, I don't think they do them anymore - or if they do it must only be rarely.  I think that attempt at me was during the last of the routine ones they did over here.
"for the most part everyone on here is a stranger"

Very true....

I was talking about people I have corresponded with and who I can call on the phone...certainly they are not strangers...true friends who understand and share and listen. I didn't mean 'biblically' chosen...i was thinking more along the lines of..being a gift from God. Through difficult circumstances..they have been there for me. I can speak to others, family members and such...they can't have the empathy or understand the other difficulties that go hand and hand with this virus or this treatment....because it is almost indescribable. People here understand...so that makes it easier to talk...and listen. (It's almost like we can talk in shorthand...less exhausting)
That's the blessing. Until I can go to meet with other believer's, I will pray here at home. I do miss meetings centered around my Lord, His Work, and His Word. Soooon.
...and how are you doing? I don't know if you are txing or what your stats are or anything. Well, I hope things are better for you.
Sincerely
y

Yeah some doctors are behind in the times. I went to a dentist about 10 years ago and the equipment looked so old, I wanted to run out. I should have because old equipment usually means they don't have much business I guess. The dust bunny in the corner that I noticed while the drill was in my mouth scared me too. Well it wasn't really a dust bunny, it was a dust dinasaur. This disgusting dust dinasausr was so big it was catty - corner in order to fit behind the door. lol
But really it was a dirty office and the equipment was so old. When I was first dx with hep c, that was the second risk factor I thought about - that office.
Of course, much I could add on a subject with many twists and turns that seems to have captured more than just your imagination -- but then again, I think I'll respect the "Terms of Use" clause that comes with this forum.
Oh stoooop, lighten up. I was just teasing ya. And I was just about to tell that you can take a joke pretty good.
MO: I was just teasing ya
-------------------------
So was I, Miss Serious today :)
High 5 tuhya!
2

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community