Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C Community
13.4k Members

Open Thread/ Overmedication

Anybody ever doubledose riba in the morning?   I think I may have just done that, but so far I still recognize the face in the mirror.   Don't worry bout it?
22 Responses
53833 tn?1235000229
I wouldn't worry about it. Lucky you remember to take any with these meds! Just a suggestion - I made a chart up for myself or I'd have over/under dosed several times during tx. Just makes things alot easier with all of the brain fog.

good luck with your tx!
Two.  Of course I'm not sure they're extra, so wouldn't want to cut back on tonight's dose.   Oh what the hay....   Just a little less replicatin' in virus town tonight.
I had made the unfortunate mistake of a taking double dose of riba one morning when I was on treatment last march.  By 11Am at I had to cut from work with my emotions jumping out of my body! I pride myself of being a solid dude but this crud got the best of me. I cried for 2 days after this horrendous mistake. Called the doc
I have the morning/evening pillbox that came with my Pegasys start kit (my MD gave it to me when I started, but I understand that all Pegasys users can get a care box via Pegassist.com).  Without the box, I'd have lost track of when/what I'd taken a million times by now.  You can also pick them up at any Walgreens, etc...though I personally like the Pegasys one...
i was looking at this http://www.emea.eu.int/humandocs/PDFs/EPAR/Rebetol/087199en4.pdf
it includes an example of an attempted suicide taking 50x200mg of rebetol in one day with no adverse effects recorded.
They also took quite a lot of interferon.
S Hall
Now wait a minute,,,me and you are still trying to adjust to our extra shot weekly and you go off and decide to pop a couple extra???  LOL  Yep,,,I agree,,,Pillbox! Mine came with my pegasus pack in beginning or I would go crazy.  You can't imagine how many times I have thought I forgot my pills and my hubby is laughing and said "you just took them" and I run to pillbox and its empty,,LOL  I can't remember from one minute to next.  Maybe you better not look in mirror today and just ride it out LOL  No seriously,,,You should be fine and take your other pills little later then usual.  Drink the H2O like crazy today also! Hope you are feeling ok today!!
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.