Hepatitis C Community

Ribavirin

Hi my first time on here I am starting my peg-intron an ribavirin on saturday. When I take the 4 pills in the morning how are the sides? I am suppose to work?
my sx are pretty doable, the most i get is brain fog in am after meds, then clears off... Iam overweight a bit, and the shot just gave me chills and sweats.. thats my experience.. I work on feet 8 hrs a day,alittle hard but when i get home iam real fatigued ready to get a small nap.. I just started last friday....Just think positive it will get better and trust in GOD!!! I thought i would never be able to do this but here iam LOL..
Thanks!  I am going to take my First shot sat. night, do you think i will be able to work mon. morning?
You mentioned taking "4 pills in the morning".

Do you know how many milligrams of ribavirin you are taking per day? Just about all of us split the pills into a morning and evening dose. Are you sure you aren't taking 2 pills in the morning and 2 pills at night? How much do you weigh? Ribavirin should be dosed according to your weight.

-- Jim
Hi I am almost 200lbs. It says I will be taking 1400mg daily 4 in the morning and 3 at night.  So its 200mg each one like I said i am starting all this sat. what do you think?
"4 in morning and 3 at night" sounds right for your weight. Just make sure to take the ribavirin with food -- preferably a meal with a decent fat content. That will be kinder on your stomach and ribavirin absorbs better when taken with fat. That's  more important than taking the doses 12 hours apart. I took my ribavirin with breakfast and dinner.
Good luck with treatment.

-- Jim
Thanks Jim! I know everyone is different but i take my first shot sat. how long before you can go back to work do you think?