Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Thread hijacking/answering questions

Sorry, but I'm just going to throw this out there. When someone is on here looking for help (doesn't matter if WE think their question is important or not)I think its rude to just "hijack" a thread to rant about " how was your outting?" This is NOT a social chat room. I mean, someone (RMB) asked a question and everyone talked about POOP and other things. There are  three other forums that have chat rooms ( the one I like the best is Hep C Palace ) I will post the URL below. Sorry, but some of the "hijackings" are ridiculous.

2hep2it
36 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I believe the people hear DO care, and they do answer the questions. How many different ways can you answer "what does tx mean?" I realize not all questions are like that, but many do not require every member to chime in.
I disagree about the social club part, its that "personal" touch that helps so many.

I think all of you really answered this question quite well.

PS: spacecoast, I thought I was gonna crack up when I clicked on the link you provided!!!

Helpful - 0
Whoa there!  HCV is a very serious thing to be dealing with.  If we can't smile and occasionally chuckle and say yo once in awhile, we would all be on a bunch of AD's trying to just get through the day!  We need to know that others know how we feel and care how we feel.

I agree we should make sure all questions/concerns are addressed.  And I have seen that done on numerous occasions by someone even starting a new thread when the answer wasn't readily available.  We aren't all on here at the same time.  So, an immediate answer from someone in the "know" of that particular question may take awhile to answer.  In the meantime I don't think there is anything wrong with SOME personal people contact.  For some, it is all they may have, with noone in their support group they need that.

Just my thoughts.

miss
Helpful - 0
Hey i like huffy. Its my favorite bike. Got a real nice mountain bike. Maybe were talking about two different things here. Oh well, looks like i just hijacked this thread. 2hep2it what was your question about hepatitis C? Since this is a hep-c forum.
Helpful - 0
Yeah, I know. And it does get a little monotonous  repeating stuff all the time. I suggested to the group ( don't think admin is going to do it ) that maybe a special chat can be set up. I hang out on Delphi forums.. But I think of this site as more of a Help session. It seems a bit more formal since its not a traditional onsite  meeting place.

SpaceGhost: thanks, I like everyone on here too. SO far so good. Kalio was one of the first peeps I met. I'm just trying to look out for the people who are scared. Being told you have a blood disease isn't an easy thing.

Anyway, Its not my intent to get it no arguments ( I won't back out of one though...so don't try it). Funny how no one has written any threads since I started this one. I must be giving ya'll something to do.lol.

P.S. going on a 10 minute break.lol
Helpful - 0
92903 tn?1309904711
2hep2it had a suggestion. I don't happen to think it's a good one, but that doesn't discount his (her) right to express it. BTW, why don't you all pick gender specific names? That would help people responding to your posts.

Anyway, from a practical standpoint, I think the banter around here makes the place more inviting. It also keeps folks with good knowledge hanging around. So from where I sit (albeit leaning from side to side to favor the 'rhoids), I think the nonsense actually contributes to the question and answer dialogs.

Not to mention, cutting up and letting off steam is just plain fun. Keeps the mind off the burning itches and raised ALTs.
Helpful - 0
says........well 'warmth' levels...............

Hey gal could you go into more detail on the warmth levels for me please. Just so me is not confused?:)

Hope your ok chev.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.