Hepatitis Social Community

Apology

Hi.  Its been a long long time.  I am sorry for not keeping up, but without getting too personal, Ive had a really rough couple of years mentally due to the murder trial that is still going on for my daughter..  Still hepc free.  just started xfaxin for ammonia levels and hoping it helps.  Im actually minimizing my health problems, because I know that there are many of you in worse shape then me.  No sense is pissing and moaning. But I wouldnt mind some suggestions of what to do about debilitating charlie horses, other than eat more potassium..  no one has any answers.   I was shocked to learn of Hectors passing.  Im so sorry.  He was a good man.  I just want to say that I will pray for all of you.  Please keep the faith, whatever your beliefs are. God Bless You all.  Bye.   Ginger
What a difficult thing to go through. I can't imagine! For charley horse, my only advice is to drink lots of water and walk a lot. Every day. Walking will be good for your mental health as well. Even if you don't feel like doing either, it helps me. Sending good thoughts your way Bluebird

Be well
Hi there Blue, nice to hear from you. hepcandme is right about the water.
When I feel one coming on I take calcium, magnesium, potassium and zinc.  It seems to help.  Sometimes I can head then off before they become full blown. D3 is also needed to help absorb the calcium.  I took too much D3 which depleted my magnesium and I had awful cramps.
I hope you can find some relief, I know how painful they can be.
Take Care, Dee
When I had them bad I would drink 2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar and 1 teaspoon honey in 8 oz of warm water and drink before bed.  It actually works!

Take care blue and sorry for your troubles

Jules