Hepatitis Social Community

Blood Test Query

Today I had blood taken for the second time by the local surgery nurse as the first result showed my liver result to be around 100.  She informed me that one of the tests was for Hepatitis.  I have read up on this and believe it can only be transmitted by blood or infected water.  As far as the blood is concerned, I have not had any blood transfusions and the only operations I have had recently have been done in day clinics in hospitals.  I of course hope and pray that the results come back excluding this horrible disease.  Just to add I had my gall bladder taken out when I was forty and I am now seventy.  
There are many blood tests for liver do you know the name?

There are several types of hepatitis. Most common are hepatitis A which is food or water borne, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C are both blood borne.

I am assuming you had an antibody test do you know whined Hepatitis you were tested for?

If you were tested for Hepatitis c antibodies and the result was positive that would only mean you were exposed to hepatitis c in the past. A second test would then be needed to confirm if you are currently infected with Hepatitis c. This test is called HCV RNA by PCR. If this test shows you are currently infected you would then be treated for Hepatitis c. With the new meds for hep c that were approved just 4 years ago and newer ones as well treatment could be as simple as 1 pill a day for as few as 8 or 12 weeks and you would be cured.

This is of course assuming you are being tested for Hepatitis C. If you could find out the name of the blood test was 100 and which Hepatitis you were tested for that would be very helpful.