Hepatitis Social Community

Muscle repair post tx

A question to all the experts!

During tx my muscles became practically non-existing. I can feel that it is very difficult to train them up again after tx. They have gotten somewhat harder, but I am experiencing pain. Usually this would go away after training for a while, but instead, 3 weeks later, the pain is getting more pronounced. I am riding my bicycle every day as a means of getting around Copenhagen, but have decided to take a break from it for a day. While biking I do not really experience pain, but afterward I have problems getting up the stairs and getting up from a squatting position. It feels that the process of muscle repair after 'exercising' is sluggish.

I am taking extra protein and have started taking glutamine again...

What else can I do?

Thanks before hand!
Lift free weights...start with small loads ..this stuff  I LOVE

Progressive Harmonized ProteinHarmonized Protein? �? features a synergistic blend of five high quality, New Zealand sourced proteins along with a full array of complementary support nutrients. All of the ingredients are designed to be in balance and to work in harmony with each other as well as with our bodies. Harmonized Protein is professionally formulated and energetically tested and contains no artificial ingredients of any kind. It is an excellent source of dietary protein and offers unsurpassed protein efficacy. HIGHLIGHTS* Synergistic blend of 5 high quality proteins* Exceptional biological value and protein efficacy* Complementary nutrients for enhanced absorption* 100% New Zealand sourced* Energetically tested and harmonized for optimum compatibility

http://shopping.canoe.ca/shop/product--catId_1001256__locale_en__productId_5652286.html

Im still just as big as i was when i started TX...and im not lifting weights
Organic whey protein offers a number of different health benefits, including assisting in the production of lean muscle mass. Without protein, you can spend hours at a time in the gym and try your hardest to put on muscle but will not be able to, simply because you can not grow muscle without protein. Organic whey protein has also been found to be beneficial for weight loss, specifically fat loss
http://www.fitness-equipment-health.com/organic_whey_protein.html
I was thinking of biking, too, once my platelets rise again.  Let us hear how it goes; if the stiffness and weakness straightens out over time.
I'm curious if you're stretching before and after biking.  If not, maybe this would help?

I am also having some joint pains (right hip and right wrist), which I did not have before or even during tx, since completing tx.  Curious...
Same here and Im 6 months post next month. If I sit down its so hard to get up and if I drop something on the floor and have to bend I feel like 109 years old. Fore me all in my knees and the pain is bad...I tried walking as much as possible. In the morning get out of bed is the worst. I never had arthritis before that I know..never experienced knee pain before.
Perhaps its interferon induced arthritis and maybe I had it didnt know it and tx made it worse??
I hope it gets better..but I find for me the more I keep moving the better it is.
Its pretty bad..Im hoping it goes away.

BE WELL
Charm
I bike everyday...i just got a new bike...SPECIALIZED...its and hybrid that weighs in at 20 lbs....all alumin and fiberglass forks
This my new bike

http://www.simpsoncycles.co.uk/product.php?xProd=1593
During treatment, (at least about the past 7 TX's.), I've forced myself to get up off of the couch and get on my treadmill for about 15-20 min. a day and walk on it slowly, or if it was cool outside, go for a short walk.  It seemed to help me immensely with the muscle aches.  But, my muscles really didn't get a good workout with just that little bit of exercise.  This past Jan. I set out on a personal mission to start a going to the gym routine.  I've stuck with it, too.  In fact, this week, I've finished off 6 days in a row (today) of going to the gym.  On Mon., Wed., and Thurs. and Fri., I did an hour long spinning class.  On Mon. Wed. and Fri., I also did the free-weights.  On Tues., I went to a yoga class.  Today, (Sat.), I went and got on the elliptical machine for a 1/2 hr. and then, jumped onto the treadmill for another bit of time to get in 2 miles.  I've also done the stretching machine/equipment, every day.  Am I tired?  YES!  Do I feel like over the past 4 mon. time that I've made some progress?  YES!  I'm actually starting to see some muscle definition that had sorely been lost over all these years of treatments.  I also wanted to get into better shape before I have to start this whole assault on my body again, with yet another treatment, whenever that will be.???  Don't know when that will happen right now.  Anyhow, when I first started out, I was so weak!  I love my spinning class though!

Susan400
If you have access to a public pool water therapy can be very helpful. Water therapy exercise offers many of the same benefits associated with a land-based exercise program, including development of a treatment plan that is carefully tailored to the individual.
It minimizes  the weight placed on the spine and joints and gently helps build muscle without the harsh resistance of land exercise.  The buoyancy of water permits a greater range of positions due to the virtual elimination of gravitational forces, particularly for exercises that require lifting the legs, the heaviest limb of the body for most people.

Even if you're not a swimmer, water therapy is a safe, less painful way to stimulate and revitalize the muscles.
I read this phrase somewhere (maybe here??) Weakness is Pain.

I agree totally. You really have to be careful not to hurt yourself while you are still so newly off tx, but at the same time build up your excercise tolerance.  I would hate to see ya get couched again, sis.  

I took a CPR class yesterday and today I am so sore I don't even want to get up. Arms, legs, hands...everywhere.   Feels like I did 10,0000 crunches....what's up with that????

Maybe it's time for you to get a massage?? The excercise is helping your muscles dump the toxins and that may be part of the problem.   Just a thought...or excuse to go to the spa.