Herpes Community

Diabetes and herpes

I am engaged to get marry and my fiance is diabetic.  He is afraid that since I have HSV2 that it can cause him a serious medical problem since he is diabetic.  I want to know what is the danger of him contracting this disease since he has diabetes type 1?  I know that there are various medications that I can take to prevent the outbreaks but they are not 100 percent outbreak free medications.  Your advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

This discussion is related to Diabetes and Herpes.
his risk is not increased because he has diabetes.  it will not cause him serious medical problems should he contract it.

have you ever read the herpes handbook yet? it's free to read online or print out at home. just google it and it comes right up.

if you take daily suppressive therapy with valtrex, avoid sex any time you have any genital symptoms and use condoms, he is 99% likely each year not to contract hsv2 from you.  Very low odds in general.

keep asking questions!

you tried to post on the experts forum in someone else's post so it was bumped over to here.

grace
Thank you grace for your advice.  I am new at this and am not sure what to do.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.