Herpes cold sore question?

my friend had this bump around the corner of her mouth. she said it was small like a pimple. she popped it and it got red and the area around it got irritated and she says it hurts. it's been 2 weeks and there's like a red scab I believe.
when she had it (this was after she popped, and I don't think it was the same day. I took a drink out of her water bottle by accident. what's the chance of me getting it if it's a cold sore?
it's been 2 weeks and I haven't gotten one. am I in the clear?
as an adult, oral herpes infections are almost exclusively transmitted through romantic type kisses, not from sharing food or drink.  if indeed this is oral herpes on your friend ( sounds like it isn't though ), it's not actively shedding 2 weeks into things either.

grace
thank you! :)

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.