Herpes Community

Herpes cure

any news on a cure of Herpes? I know people would rather get a cure of HIV but herpes can be just as bad and I am sure it has lead to some peoples suicide. anyone know of the latest news?
science doesn't have a cure for any viral infection at all.  

with the economy being in the crapper in general, not much money for research in general right now. if you are interested in participating in any current herpes research, check out clinicaltrials.gov periodically to see if any is going on near you that you qualify for :)  

is there anything remotely promising being researched right now that I'm aware of, no there is not.

grace
I respectfully disagree.  Dr. Cullen from Duke University is hopeful that there will be a cure within this decade.  They are zeroing in on the medicine, but need $$.  Given the billions that a cure for herpes would make, I cant beleive big pharma is not stepping up, althouhg the suppression drugs would be hurt.

" leading herpes expert, Bryan Cullen, the director at the Center for Virology at Duke University. Cullen is hopeful that a cure for herpes could come within 10 years, once funding hurdles are crossed."

they've been saying there's a cure in 10 years for the last 30.

grace
what about permanent supression do u think thats likely in the near future? im young and dont really know how it was in the past but from what i can see there are at least 10, probaly more, different researches going on surely they cant all fail?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.