Herpes or Folliclulitis/Pimple

Today i woke up, and I've had a few inflamed hair follicles for a few weeks and one of them appeared to be inflamed and puss filled, I took a picture and posted it on my account if someone with some experience could take a look an ease my anxiety about it. I had folliculitis checked out a couple weeks ago and they said it was folliculities but now i can't remember if its a infected hair follicle or herpes. Any help? Its singular and not in a cluster, and seems too "raised" to be a herpes blister. Please help!
Hi, herpes are not puss filled so you can rule out herpes for puss filled sores
Can you take a look at the photos on my profile. Im worried that i mistook puss for being a herpes blister.
Visual cannot diagnose herpes. But if your concerned and are/have been sexually active,then have a swab of the sore and a blood test to confirm.
But there are distinct difference between an pimple and genital herpes from what I've heard. I just want some confirmation that it doesn't LOOK like herpes, Ya know what i mean? Not an official diagnosis.
No it does not
Thank you for your help! Probably just an ingrown hair or folliculitis?

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.