Herpes Community

IgM antibodies positive

I had a herpes blood test using the herpeselect and it came back negative for herpes type 1 and 2 but said I was positive for herpes IgM antibodies at a 2.01 level. I talked to a doctor who said that IgM antibodies aren't supposed to be used because they're unreliable but I am still confused. What does this mean??
I'm not the "numbers" person around these parts, but post the numbers from the Herpeselect and somebody should be moseying along to help you with them. The doc was right - the IgM test is unreliable (unless you're an infant). :o)
Your igm results are completely irrevelant as waring already pointed out.

the numbers person
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.