Herpes Community

Recurrent genital herpes

Is it possible to get a first ob on the penis shaft and a recurrent ob on the scrotum with a single sore?

Thanks.
No, you can have a recurrent outbreak and a newly infectioned outbreak. Once a person has genital herpes, they cant re-contract it.
Hmm, but I haven't been sexually active since my first 4 month ago, could it be that I infected other area myself?

Sorry for the error. You CANT have a recurrent outbreak and a newly infected outbrreak as once you have it you cant get it again.
Oh Ok, yeah maybe i didn't formulate my question the right way, sorry for that. What I mean to say is that I had my first Ob on the penis shaft and I think I have a recurrent ob in the scrotum. Is that possible? I thought recurrent outbreaks happen closer to the first ob.
Yes your correct. Outbreaks almost always occur in the same spot, give or take an inch as prefers the path of least resistance. Also the scrtum is not a place for out breaks as the skin is to thick. Have a test is your concerned.
Thanks for the quick response Life360.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.