Herpes Community

Second Opinion

I just wanted to know if I should be worried and get a second opinion or I'm just very paranoid and causing more problems mentally!..

I have been with my bf for 8 years monogamous.. neither of us had symptoms ever.. but never tested. on 6/17, I had a sexual encounter.. no actual intercourse with someone else who said was clean of disease and had no sores or any symptoms of anything ever.. he has only been with 2 other women in the last five years... my bf, I believe is monogamous.. this guys  penis tip rubbed around my vagina maybe 2x's for  a minute probably less both times other than that don't remember genitals touching but if there was wouldn't be much.

I leave on vacation to hot climate.. swam in a lake and shaved down there etc.. I get back on the 6/25 with no symptoms.. on sat 6/27 I notice a pea size bump on top part of labia on outside close to my bikini line... I search my parts and see no other bumps... I take an antibiotic on sat and on sunday for abyss tooth... I  wake up Monday with burning throughout my vagina.. my labia and my inner thighs..  I check my parts and see another small red bump now on the inside of my labia minora ... no itching anywhere but everything is on fire.. on 7/1, I start monistat.. as I also checked my newly acquired bump and it has not changed... monistat cleared me up 80%..the pain in thighs started subsiding.. labia vagina.. all redness going away and pain subsiding.. I forget my monistat when I go away for the 4th. That Saturday 7/4.. I'm back on fire everywhere both my inner thighs are on fire.. between my genitals and my genitals.. Then Monday 7/6 I go to the STD clinic to have the 1st bump looked at.. she said it wasn't herpes.. was infected hair.. did a pelvic exam and I assumed looked for other issues... didn't mention the other bump.. took cultures and did have yeast infection. I check my parts out that night and now I have a bump inside my vagina.. not to far in but you really have to pull all the parts to see it. I assume she should have seen that when she was inserting that thing for the pelvic exam. I told her my concern about contracting herpes from that 6/17 encounter and she dismissed it. She said everything is related to the yeast infection and/or a bacterial infection on my skin from the lake. I felt like she took none of my symptoms serious but reading everything I've read on herpes I am still worried.

I had sinusitis probably from flying as soon as I got back my ears plugged up so my head doesn't feel right.. didn't have a temperature. checked daily.. no sore throat.. those bumps down there don't itch or burn.. don't look like blisters..

Should I believe what she said or get a second opinion. I'm probably making everything mentally worse by thinking about it to the point can barely function.
Hi, yes believe what she told you, none of what you mention suggest herpes and your affair would certainly be almost a complete zero risk for contacting it.
Thanks so much for the piece of mind!
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.