Hi, I'm a 37 yo male. I've done some searching on this commnuty, but haven't found the exact answer to my specific question, if that's okay.
I've had this herpes for about less than a year, and just realized it recently. I did igg test and is positive HSV1 and 2. My questions are:
1. What will make me transmit my HSV1 to my 3yo son and what will not? Will these transmit HSV1?
- Kiss on cheek
- Kiss on tummy
- Bathe together
- Share food in 1 bowl/plate but using different spoon?
- Touching my son on his skin (e.g.: hold hands)
2. I just recently also have a girlfriend, and I didn't realize it was herpes , and we are having sex while I'm having outbreak :( . it just happened less than a week ago. Is there anything I can do to prevent her catching HSV1 or 2? Btw I don't think I have cold sores. I only have the lesion around my penis area.
During the intercouse we did unprotected sex for both oral and vaginal sex. Since it just happened will it be helpful if I ask her to take the antiviral medicine such as acyclovir?
- If I ask her to take acyclovir right now for a week let say, will there side effects?
- Will it prevent her to catch the herpes?
- If it cannot prevent, will it contain the virus spread? like it will affect smaller area of skin affected? Since I believe acyclovir prevent it from spreading to a larger area?
I'm sorry for my tons of questions, it's very though for me at this moment emotionally to cope and accept that I have herpes and even worse that I might have spread it to my partner that I just knew for a month :(
Thanks in advance, apologize for my bad English.