Herpes Community

hepes from a handjob and body contact ?

I recieved a body rub from a gay guy (unknown std status)
he gave me a back rub and then he started  to rub his penis aganist my anal area(yes he was naked)
there was also a mutual hand job(gave and rececieved)

Do i get herpes from the mentioned encounter??
should i get tested ?when ?
I would recommend that you get tested because you don't know this person's status. Also with him rubbing his genitals on your private areas herpes is contracted from skin to skin contact whether it's oral, anal, or vaginal with an infected partner. Another thing you mentioned was the hand job it that case herpes can be contracted on the skin if a cut was involved. For Example if you had a cut or open sore then it can be contracted that way if the other party was infected.
so should i get tested even if i didnt have a visible cut or open sore on my hand and the anal area??
if so ,how long should i wait to do the testing ?
Yes you should still get tested to be on the safe side since you are worried. As far as to how long do the testing when you are ready and feel confident and comfortable. However your health is far too important to neglect.
i thought there is an incubation period for the virus !since the encounter i mentioned only happened yesterday.
I need one clarification ,are we talking about HSV-1 or HSV-2?
-I asked the guy about his HIV/STD status and he mentioned that he was negative but i didnt see the papers
-I'm HSV-1 positive as of the last july but never had symptoms
am I at risk of HSV_1 or 2 ?

note1 -I asked the guy about his HIV/STD status and he mentioned that he was negative but i didnt see the papers
note 2-I'm HSV-1 positive as of the last july but never had symptoms

how long should i wait for HSV_2 testing after the exposure?
We are talking about HSV2 that is genital herpes virus.Isn't that what you are talking about. You mentioned that you are HSV1 positive how do you know that did you have a test done to be exact. There is an incubation period for the virus your encounter just happened it could be weeks,months or years before you see anything if you have HSV2 but still get tested to be sure.
I think I didnt make it clear
My question was.when should I do the test so as the results will be accurate?
lile after week/month/of exposure?
And yeah I am hsv_1 positive according to the last std test I had back in july 2010
Does that minimize my risks of catching genital herpes??
gracefromHHP  please help i'm confused !
I hate to sound rude but ignore tedabell.  Her information is off.

Genitial rubbing can lead to HSV infection.  But it really requires heat and friction to transmit the virus.  If he was just rubbing in say a circle motion and it was light chances are you wouldn't catch HSV.  The mutual masturbation wasn't a risk for you.  

Tedabell is way of HSV-1 and HSV-2 can affect both locations.  So its not just HSV-2 is gential. There is a time where the virus will cause an outbreak and that is 2-20 days.  If you have no symptoms I wouldn't bother with a test.  This was low risk activity.  
Also if you do choose to test (again i wouldn't bother unless you get symptoms) wait 3 months and get a type specific igg test.
thank you very much
actually it was very brief to the way that i cant rememver how was it and how long did it take .
there was no heat ,he just rubbed it for a few then i turned and stopped him
this was really low risk and honestly we don't even recommend any testing from it unless you develop symptoms. totally up to you if you feel it's worth any follow up testing for or not but if you do, you have to wait at least 3 months post encounter to do so.

have you had your gardasil shots yet?  

grace
No,should i ?
i asked my provider about that a while back but she said they only recommend it for teenage and women !it's a HPV vaccine ,right ?
is it true that if a peson is HSV-1 positive will have antibodies that might even fight hsv-2 and put the person in a lesser risk for hsv-2 ??
it's also approved for males too. They are recommended for gay males in general by most providers.  if you are in the age range that covers them but your insurance won't cover it, go to your local health department for them.  

no, hsv1 doesn't provide any significant protection against hsv2.  
did the encounter i mentioned earlier put me at real risk for HPV ?
i'm not sexually active ,and that encounter supposed to be a massage only until  he crossed the lines
I always ask about gardasil in general because hpv is as much of a risk as herpes is and many providers aren't discussing it with eligible patients so while we are talking sex, might as well cover that too :)  
i understand
is it true that body keep fighting HPV and will be totally clear from it after 2 or 3 years ?
in 92% of cases it does.  it's the infections that linger longer than that that are the issue.

there are just as many cases of anal cancer from hpv as there are cervical hpv cancers.  it's well worth being educated about :)
that's true ,i guess people are not familiar with that too ,i mean the anal cancer from HPV

does it require ,penetration (anal sex )to be transmitted?or just skin to skin contact ??
no penetration required - pretty much the same as herpes. penetration increases the odds of transmission but not absolutely necessary.  
I'm now confused
the was the encounter i mentioned(which included genital to back and anus rubbing ,and mutual hand job)risky for HSV and HPV??
It is where you draw the line for "risky" and what we term "risk".  Low risk is just that an activity (one time encounter generally falls here).  Your encounter had very little risk. That isn't to be confused with "No Risk" (which if you had clothes on or he did would be classified as no risk).  Your encounter included a brief risk for HSV and HPV.  In the sense they are transmitted the same way (skin to skin contact).  

What she is trying to point out is that some types of HPV can be protected against and thus she recommended getting the gardasil shots.  But yes there was a low risk for both.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.