Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Genital warts and Imiquimod - Not seeing results or side effects after 16 days.

I'm a male, 26yrs old. Can anyone describe their experiences with Imiquimod? I am on the 3.75% cream which my doctor has told me to use every other day for a month. In the first 2 weeks, nothing happened, only just a couple days ago I noticed a very slight indication that the medication might be working, but I'm still not sure. I have about 20-30 very small warts, and notice 2 or 3 of them showing a bit of redness and drying up a bit. Still not sure if this is due to the medication. Other than that I haven't noticed any effects or any type of side effects. Everything I read online says the areas should be very red/inflamed. Has anyone had a positive experience with Imiquimod without showing many effects?  Should I just give it some more time or is it apparent that Imiquimod isn't going to work for me? Wondering if Podofilox or the stronger 5% Aldara cream would have been a better choice.
Warticon works in about 4-8 days. They can return with any treatment though. Aldara is supposed to be slower acting in men (up to 16 weeks). In studies, the 5% cream every other day was found to be considerably more effective than the 3%.

Mine returned 7 days after warticon, few but in different places. Just had them frozen off (surprisingly pain free and easy). I have Aldara on standby.

The wart doctor specifically told me that they shouldn't return. Go without sex for 3-6 months. If no warts appear in that time, they have cleared. I do not need to inform future partners. I queried this strongly and he was adament in his statements. He said he had been treating and researching such cases for 30 years.
Have you ever tried home remedies like apple cider vinegar for genital warts?
- Dilute apple cider vinegar in warm water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the solution on the wart. Cover it with a bandage.
- Repeat it daily till the wart sheds off.
This remedy is mainly for small, single wart. In fact, topical cream is what people often use to remove warts. To cure stubborn warts, an OTC topical cream called Vidarox may work better. I had a small group of warts on my genital area for years. I applied this cream for 3 times a day, and after 6 days the warts fell off naturally. I had tried Imiquimod, Aldara and some other creams for a while without seeing improvements. My girlfriend used Imiquimod and got positive results. Maybe, I was not so lucky.