Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Pre-Cancerous Cells?

Just had my first rejection from a woman who had pre-cancerous cells 20 years ago.  Claims it wasn't HPV because her doctor never told her it was and she claims she is clean now. I was honest with her about my condition. She was 35 then. So I want to know if there is any reason besides HPV that a young woman would have pre-cancerous cells or not. Based on what I read, she had it and it went dormant in her system. Am I wrong?
If it was HPV then yes she had it and now its laying dormant. I do believe that most cancers and pre cancerous cells are caused by HPV, but not all
Thanks, that's what I thought.  Based on google search of "pre-cancerous cells and HPV", the sites says that these cells only are caused by HPV. So it's dormant in her now. But that doesn't mean she never had it.