Hysterectomy Community

Estradiol patch

I have been on the estradiol patch for 5 weeks! I was on the .725 dose. I have gained about 8 pounds and I am freaking out! I have been extremely co scoops of my diet and etc. my doctor suggested we lower the dose to the .375 to see if it will help! How long will it be before I see the weight come off?
Some women complain of gaining weight due to water retention when they take estrogen. I have not personally experienced that. But many women gain weight after hysterectomy too because it changes metabolism even when the ovaries are not removed. How is the lower dose working out?  
How are you doing now?