SEVERE PMDD YEARS AFTER HYSTERECTOMY

I had a complete hysterectomy in 2006, because my PMDD was severe. The only change from that was no more periods. I still have cramps, mood swings, cycstic acne; not once but twice a month. I don’t have ovaries and I have tried every hormone replace (pellets, creams, compounded bio identical hormones). Nothing helps. My doctors have opened me up and cleaned the surgery area, but have given up on a answer for me. I’m a life long type 1 diabetic with thyroid dis order. Any help is greatly appreciated. After 18 years, I’m ready to give up and live alone in a cave :(
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am sorry you are suffering so. I can certainly relate to emotional upheaval after hysterectomy. I became suicidal along with a whole laundry list of other nasty side effects. It is certainly puzzling that you still have cyclic symptoms and, not once, but twice a month. Do you by any chance have endometriosis? Not that having endo would explain the "cycling" but not sure what would!
Helpful - 0
Hi, thank you for your reply. Yes, I have endo and cpo. It’s a mystery to every doctor I see. I get moody, face breaks out, I eat like mad (sugar cravings and then salt), I bloat, have severe cramps, and turn into a messed up train wreck.
I have quit good jobs on the spot from a bad cycle. When I’m around other women (work environment) it’s even worse, which leads me to believe that this is gyno related.
I had surgery in 2016, to clean up the area, but it didn’t help and the doctors have given up.

You are reading content posted in the Hysterectomy Community