Immunization Community
689 Members

What danger would there be to recieiving immunizations twice?

I moved to a different country and I wasn't sure if my child had received her 12+13 month MMR, PCV, Men C, Hib immunizations as they weren't marked in her health book and she was due to have them today but I managed to find out that she did have them.

My question is if I hadn't had found out that she had already had them and she was given them again would there have been any danger or caused any damage, trying to settle a family argument on the matter...
That is very controversial. "probably not". If you get vaccinations request the "single dose" vial, which does not have mercury preservative. The drug stores and the physicians generally have multiple dose vials. Single dose has a shorter shelf life and usually must be refrigerated so it is a special order.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments