Kidney Stones Community
417 Members
Avatar universal

Do I have a Kidney stone ?

Please help ! I just stopped my period on Monday and I thought the pain I was having was caused from my ovaries ! But after my period ended I continued to have really bad lower right side abd pain and it moves around to my back ! Could this be a kidney stone or a cyst on my ovary ? When it first started it kind felt like spasms that would just come and go but now it's a constant pain ! :(
3 Responses
Avatar universal
I was born with a condition that causes my body to create kidney stones. I have been to the emergency room 4 times in the past 18 years for the large stones, small ones pass ok. Although I am a male I understand very well the pain you may be in. My first stone caused bleeding and severe back pain also with pain in the lower abdomen area along with hot/cold flashes and vomiting. I though it was my appendix. I was wrong. My wife has had cysts removed from here ovaries wich may be the case but it sounds like kidney stones.
Go to a doctor and get a ct scan of your kidney, then they should be able to send that info to a uralogist that can help you. I have to drink plenty of water every day. Stay away from soft drinks if you can help it and processed foods high in sodium.
I currently have a large one in each kidney right now arround 7mm-8mm in size which may require the doctor to blast with ultrasoun.
Good luck
Avatar universal
I forgot to tell you that products containing citric acid such as lemons help to prevent the formation of new stones, it will not help any current stones you may have.
Avatar universal
Hello and hope you are doing well.

This could be renal colic. Small stones can obstruct the passage of urine and when the body tries to 'push' against the blockade this results in colic, which is severe attacks of pain. Other causes for the pain are pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and polycystic ovarian syndrome. I would advise you to re consult your primary care physician for evaluation of pain. He will ask for blood tests, urine analysis, an x ray and an ultra sonogram of the abdomen. Sometimes he may ask for an Intravenous pyelogram and a CT scan.  In the meantime take OTC Naproxen for pain relief and plenty of oral fluids.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.